Any app or software to build my own watchface for my kw88?

Any app or software to build my own watchface for my kw88? Thanx!

I’ve build my own framework, it’s not ready for public, but you ware welcome to use any of my built watchfaces.

Kenneth Tan, hopefully you finish the work on your framework soon, and plan a public release.

Built an apk for watchface with my tutorial

Does it works with D5+

@Ricardo_Ribeiro
you absolutely do not need an app for the D5+ !! Have a read in the custom faces section…

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 but then he’ll mis out on the Pink Panther…

Not really, @Andrew_Davis ​ probably has one that works on the D5+ or X series?
It seems extremely odd to install something on a watch that already has the best known watch face engine available to date…
I’m not being negative about your creation @Kenneth_Tan ​ but it seems like a step backwards for a watch like this - do you see what I mean?

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 Yes and no.
I realize that for a novice smartwatch buyer this is daunting. But with a simple instruction on how to install, this is within reach for everyone.
I’ve now used the last method and i must say, I don’t miss the original Launcher at all.
I now have complete control over my watch like any other Android device, the WF shows up when it should and the options available now are outperforming any standard WF the original has. (Ok, not the steps counter yet)

I think it’s a part of my DNA, to go the odd route. In life most people follow a given direction and are presented with what others want them to see. I go my own way and behold, there’s more to see (what others don’t want you to see)

I also know there needs to be a good How-to be made by me. That’s a big point I have to address.

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 Ahhh, shoot, I fell for it, It’s the old Android 4.4 engine, where WF are possible to install.
Sorry, got mislead by the PLUS behind the model number.

No - D5+ and X3+ are fine for any watch face - same engine as 4.4 :slight_smile:

I have 40 faces on my X3+

Yeah, that’s why I tripped. D5+…thought it was one of the upgraded 6580 watches. Lol

it is a 6580 watch. The main thing is it is not a Sinsoft watch - that is the problem
The X3+ and D5+ are both mtk 6580 with 1gb ram and 8gb storage. But - the Finow watch face engine is the same as it was on the old D5 and X3, X1 and X5 :slight_smile:

Also - have you checked out the standalone face engine Erik has made? It emulates that methodology and it works great on Sinsoft watches. It uses the " ClockSkin" folder method and you can chuck all your faces in there and they all work. Date, hands and animations - the lot. Autoscaling works as well so you can use on I2 or KW88 etc etc…
Check it out …

Having said that - it is based on existing code - I have great respect for your work and that it is original as well :slight_smile:
@Kenneth_Tan

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 Okay, so this is where I get confused… putting aside the @Kenneth_Tan and @Eric_Crochemore options…

Quote - “D5+ and x3+ are fine for any watch face”…

Quote - “it is a 6580 watch (the D5+). The main thing is it is not a Sinsoft watch - that is the problem”…

So, what I understand is, both of these +(plus) watches will be able to run my face designs… but how does the D5+, that is not running Sinsoft, make a “problem”?

Sorry @Andrew_Davis
What I mean is the watches that use Sinsoft cannot run these faces unless another app is used. That’s it - sorry for any confusion.
D5+ has no problem running the normal faces whatsoever. Nor do any of the watches - except the sinsoft watches. They require a third party app.
Is that Ok?

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 “Is that Ok?” - No… not yet :slight_smile:

Quote - “watches that use Sinsoft cannot run these faces unless another app is used”… by “These faces” do you mean @Kenneth_Tan faces?

Quote - "D5+ has no problem running the normal faces "… by “Normal faces” do you mean the faces that I make with CSM?

There seems to be a difference between the D5+ and X3+ watch engines…

Quote - “The X3+ and D5+ are both mtk 6580 with 1gb ram and 8gb storage. But - the Finow watch face engine is the same as it was on the old D5 and X3, X1 and X5”…
What is the significance of the word “But”, in terms of one of my watch faces working of both/either watch?

@Andrew_Davis
Answers in line -

Quote - “watches that use Sinsoft cannot run these faces unless another app is used”… by “These faces” do you mean +Kenneth Tan faces? NO - CSM faces.

Quote - "D5+ has no problem running the normal faces "… by “Normal faces” do you mean the faces that I make with CSM? YES

There seems to be a difference between the D5+ and X3+ watch engines… NO

Quote - “The X3+ and D5+ are both mtk 6580 with 1gb ram and 8gb storage. But - the Finow watch face engine is the same as it was on the old D5 and X3, X1 and X5”…
What is the significance of the word “But”, in terms of one of my watch faces working of both/either watch? This was to clarify that even though these watches have the new chipset - 6580 the face engine is the same as the old 4.4 watches.
As opposed to the sinsoft 6580 watches…

I hope this helps.
Bottom line is your CSM faces all work perfectly on the new X+ and D+ series watches - exactly the same as the old ones.

It does… it really does :slight_smile:
I thought that Sinsoft was on everything - which are the Sinsoft watches?

@Andrew_Davis

KW88
IQI I2
S99
Blitz
All the others are Finow - even No1 are re-badged Finow watches :slight_smile: