android auto app not working on android watch

Hello I just bought a new lemfo Lemx  it is running android 7.1.1 supposedly.

When I got it I updated the software on it as per usual setup process.

Then I went to google play store to download the Android Auto App… and it gave me the “your device is not compatible with this version”.
Not sure why, but pretty much makes lemX unacceptable for me as a smart watch.
Lemfo please make sure you watches in future support the android auto app.

Lemfo I hope you solve this along with the problem that LemX does not have built in voice to text for text messages.   I see the mic on the text keyboard… but it does nothing.

I love the large screen… but admit wish they would have put this better 4G chipset into rectangular screen.

You should install Aptiode on the watch. It is an alternate Android app market. I do not know if they have Android Auto, but I have installed several applications on my tablets where I got the same message on the Play Store. You can download Aptiode from their webpage, just do a google search. Another option would be to download the .apk file for Android Auto, make sure you have “Install from unknown sources” turned on, then try installing it that way.

The app is only compatible with my MIMax, none of my other devices
Xiaomi MI MAX
asus K00C
MIZO I9 Plus
Xiaomi MIBOX3
alps LEMX
W17PRO
K00C

productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/android-auto

I installed Android Auto (directly from the apk) and it works on my Lem8, plugged in my Chevrolet Volt 2016 (in dash projection works). However, after a few minutes, the watch becomes too hot and show a warning to remove the battery to avoid damage (something like this).

Those things needs to be addressed before I condiser getting a watch to replace my cell phone (ultimate goal of the whole thing for me). AA need to work flawlessly, North American LTE bands must be covered (at least B4 for me), battery with LTE must last 36 hours on standby ans some other small things… Also it would be nice to get NFC…

The company that fits all those specs in a nice package will get my money for sure and most likely a few other people I know. While we are waiting, it’s nice to use those watches as a secondary device.

Jan 5, 2019 23:40:28 GMT krapulant said:
I installed Android Auto (directly from the apk) and it works on my Lem8, plugged in my Chevrolet Volt 2016 (in dash projection works). However, after a few minutes, the watch becomes too hot and show a warning to remove the battery to avoid damage (something like this).

Those things needs to be addressed before I condiser getting a watch to replace my cell phone (ultimate goal of the whole thing for me). AA need to work flawlessly, North American LTE bands must be covered (at least B4 for me), battery with LTE must last 36 hours on standby ans some other small things… Also it would be nice to get NFC…

The company that fits all those specs in a nice package will get my money for sure and most likely a few other people I know. While we are waiting, it’s nice to use those watches as a secondary device.

++++++
Thanks for your input.  Not sure what stereo system you have with android auto.  I have Pioneer 2400NEX stereo system, The android auto with this head unit is AWESOME.  In addition to phone calls, it allows to search phone music and phone music apps.  It also uses the map data and navigation from the phone to display on the stereo screen, this basically adds navigation to my car stereo.  Best of all is the voice commands; I can push the microphone button and say “call mom” or “send text message wife… i will be home in 10 minutes” or say “find nearest donut shop”.   

Anyway… question for you… get an extra charging/data cable, connect you phone it will keep it charged and use that to transfer data, music, maps…etc.It

Feb 5, 2019 21:55:29 GMT fortiz1970 said:
Jan 5, 2019 23:40:28 GMT krapulant said:

++++++
Thanks for your input.  Not sure what stereo system you have with android auto.  I have Pioneer 2400NEX stereo system, The android auto with this head unit is AWESOME.  In addition to phone calls, it allows to search phone music and phone music apps.  It also uses the map data and navigation from the phone to display on the stereo screen, this basically adds navigation to my car stereo.  Best of all is the voice commands; I can push the microphone button and say “call mom” or “send text message wife… i will be home in 10 minutes” or say “find nearest donut shop”.   

Anyway… question for you… get an extra charging/data cable, connect you phone it will keep it charged and use that to transfer data, music, maps…etc.It

I was using the included AA unit in my 2016 Chevrolet Volt Premier (it that does any differences).

I used the original cable and dock that came with the watch. I will be looking into getting a few replacements cables and docks because my son has the watch now. I’m Using the Kospet Hope now.

Feb 5, 2019 22:36:20 GMT krapulant said:
Feb 5, 2019 21:55:29 GMT fortiz1970 said:

I was using the included AA unit in my 2016 Chevrolet Volt Premier (it that does any differences).

I used the original cable and dock that came with the watch. I will be looking into getting a few replacements cables and docks because my son has the watch now. I’m Using the Kospet Hope now.