Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

Neither more or less. The image got mirrored :rofl:

Yes @Jƶrg_Langer
That was months ago and it was quickly realised that the images were wrong :joy:

1 Like

My LOKMAT doesnā€™t recognize my sim (and any sim, i tried another already). I tried to turn it off and on, reboot, take off the sim and put it back again, erase to factory settingsā€¦ This happened during a running session. Any ideas? Iā€™m so pissed right nowā€¦ Third watch in a row (the first and second were the Optimus 2 model from Kospet). And iā€™m stuck with my old Prime (1), which i have tortured for many years and it keeps goingā€¦

1 Like

(Just a sidenote: Iā€™ve turned on my oldie but goldie Kospet Prime, and itā€™s still the best after all these years! It was my daily driver for about 18 months - I loved using it! :slight_smile:)

3 Likes

Iā€™m certain this will have been due to moisture from your run . Hopefully it will dry out and start working . I am surprised though as the sim tray is in a good position . Have you tried drying with a bag of rice ?

The optimus 2 and prime 2 dont stand a chance with moisture due to camera position

1 Like

I had the sim revoved (and the cover also) for a full dayā€¦

Maybe longer will work . If the sim connector is eroded then its bad news

1 Like

Even if cleaning the SIM contacts with a cotton swab will not work as usual, I would try the following instead:
I would fold a piece of blotting paper in half and soak it in rubbing alcohol. Then I would try to clean the metal contacts with this. if salty sweat residue prevents contact, this could fix the problem.

4 Likes

OK guys, i used a compressed air can to blow air inside the sim socket and the 4g signal is backā€¦ I also noticed that the front camera has moisture insideā€¦ How can i prevent this? I would like to avoid wearing an athletic wristbandā€¦Can i cover the sim socket with a tape or something?

Also, itā€™s the first time after many athletic sessions that this happensā€¦ And it surprises me that it didnā€™t happen during September, when temperatures here in Greece were 30-35 Celsius degrees and it happens now, that we have about 20 degrees.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there are several places where moisture can penetrate. The buttons are also a potential problem.

1 Like

Unfortunately a watch phone is always going to have issues with damp and thatā€™s why I always advise people to think carefully about using these as fitness monitoring devices.

Like a regular mobile phone, there is always somewhere that moisture can get in - when you think about it.

It would be advisable to try using a sweatband and something to prevent moisture transfer to the watch if you have to use it for this.

It is a constant source of frustration for people and I have started to think that wearing them during fitness activity is just not really possibleā€¦

Naturally, you get hot and perspire which means ā€œsalt waterā€.
The worst enemy of electronics :cry:

A very cheap BT fitness band is probably the best option if using a device for fitness activities is really important.

Or a $600 USD watch might be able to survive itā€¦
Iā€™ve never been able to afford the cost to test it personally.

6 Likes

there is a wide leather strap for the watch

2 Likes

Totally agree . As you know i have tested most for running with terrible results . Sweat and damp air gets into these devices all the time . Since buying a samsung for sports only i no longer take the risk

3 Likes

Thank you all for your responses.

I have a Garmin forerunner 220 (bought 180 eur, 6 years ago), which has the most precise running measurements of all my watches, but it isnā€™t a phone and it doesnā€™t support music playback.

I have also a Huawei Watch 3 Pro (bought 400 eur), which has fantastic hardware, i even wear it during swim (with sim enabled), but the huawei software is crapā€¦ If only it had android and it would have been the ideal watch (i donā€™t care about the lack of cameras obviously).

The Kospet Prime is a fantastic watch in terms of durability, but itā€™s hardware and software has got old.

I think i would go with the wristband (although it sucks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )ā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually a good idea to protect your device, thanks @Alex_Tr :+1:

1 Like

@christ this topic is about a particular model.
Donā€™t do that again please.

I have the lem13 which never had these issues as it sit in a case and i just love it and all other watches including the prime and lokmat 7 have gotten corrosion problems which led to unusable watches as there are not also parts for sale, if it was possible to put android 9 or even 10 on the lem13 that would havemade the watch perfect.

2 Likes

Not possibleā€¦
But, the whole thing about the LEM13 is that the same can be achieved by putting a watch in a pocket or similar protected areaā€¦
The important thing to remember is that the Android watch phone is designed to be a phone watch first and foremost.

Fitness tracking is something added under pressure from customers but the financial cost of effective implementation makes it impossible to deliver for the money.

3 Likes

The 4g signal came back. but the camera diedā€¦ i never use the camera, but should i ask for a replacement? Will i have problems in the future with other features of the watch?

If you want to try to get a replacement you should contact the seller immediately.
If you are going to use on your wrist for monitoring fitness activity, you should make a plan to prevent it from being damaged.
I canā€™t advise you any more reallyā€¦
You know what caused it and you are entitled to get a replacement.
How you use it in the future is up to you :handshake::handshake:

3 Likes