Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

You know Andy, I really don’t think you could have demonstrated it’s loudness any better than by that statement! :+1: :+1: Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

That’s because you are making a pie right? :joy:

5 Likes

No way :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

You misunderstood the Lad @pablo11 ! What was unspoken in @Dr_Andy_Vishnu 'Pigeon" analogy was that…While there were none in his yard…you could see (By the various blotches of white that covered dear Ole Andy :crazy_face:) where they had been! :woozy_face: :rofl: Cheers, Doons…“The Maybe Moderator” (Oh how sweet it would be! :rofl:

First impressions:

Battery: I have mobile data on + WiFi on + positioning (no bluetooth), and I used it for loading a bunch of apps and setting them up. Display intensity set on max. I charged the watch to full before first power on. Result was 5h of usage. Note: the very first device usage always seems to drain heavily on the battery, so I am excited to see what happens with normal usage pattern.

With full light on, used outdoors the screen intensity flickers. I am thinking it might be the fluctuations in power usage, leaving different voltage on the battery for the display.

I am still very pleased with the form factor, it’s so nice on my wrist, but the smaller screen compared to Prime 2 and Max S does result in very tiny text which is nearly impossible for my old eyes - I needed to grab a pair of stronger glasses.

There seems to be no back swipe, which will result in more wear on the hardware buttons, I hope they will stand the distance. Also I can’t find neither gesture or accessibility settings in the limited settings available in setup, and no search function.
Edit: back swipe works in most build in apps, but not apps from play store.

I connected the charging dock to a power supply also about 5h ago, and it lit a red dot. The red light is still on, so I am beginning to wonder if it simply shows that power is connected, or if it will change colour when full ?

5 Likes

Thanks to all which have it at home for testing. All informations are important and welcome for those who have to wait for their own smartwatch Lem 16… Thank you

1 Like

New observations:

There is no option for WiFi calling in this watch, very unfortunate when living with bad mobile coverage.

Mobile signal reception seems very week compared to my other FAW.

I have not been able to configure a single app for chat messaging in background. I have configured Signal, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, none of them wakes up on new messages. I have first disabled the optimisation for them, then added to unlimited data usage, finally disabled the optimisation totally. Nothing helps. Very effective way to achieve low power usage, but I must say it leaves the watch almost unusable to me if this isn’t fixed. I hope it is just Error 40, but I can’t figure it out :cry:

Dropbox: even though I have allowed access to storage, Dropbox dies when trying to export a file to local filesystem.

Solid Explorer File Manager by NeatBytes: cannot install, says not compatible with this device. Play store says compatible with Android version greater than 4.4

4 Likes

I’m almost certain that Wi-Fi calling has never been available on stock firmware because of the custom dialler they use.
It’s in our version but that is for MTK devices.

As for these other issues I will look into it.
It sounds like a mixture of settings and permissions.
Android 11 is different to Android 10… So as usual it takes a little bit of time to get used to it.
Access to internal storage is a lot more secure for example.

Notifications needs the enable bright screen option in display settings.
As well as each app needs explicit permission set up to use background data and launch in background permission.

It’s going to take a while of trial and error for us at first due to all the custom apps compared to the international firmware.

The Optimisation app and the Clean Task app goes against Android principal framework and all these should be disabled from the start. The Clean Task app is enabled by default and must be disabled.

The only effective task cleaner is long press on the power button and press the “Recent” option to stop running apps.
The task killer widget is just an animation and effectively does nothing.

I will test writing to storage and make sure that it is working, but knowing the brands firmware it will be forced to work by default.
My guess about solid explorer is that it is not compatible with Android 11 or it has a security problem because these watches are not certified by Google.

I’ll let you know.
Cheers

8 Likes

@Dotsfar
I have tested it and yes, non system apps cannot write to the storage at the moment.
This is a known problem with Android 11 and up.
I thought it was addressed but it is not.
Swipe back works in full screen mode but not square

5 Likes

Thank you for your support, I’m loving the watch and really would like to get it working for my purpose.

So regarding the chat app notifications, I have the bright on notification set:

In battery settings I have this:

And for WhatsApp, if we take that as an example, I have these settings:

And the Optimisation app has clean disabled’

For unrestricted data permission I have this:

And app auto launch management:

All are on, thus also WhatsApp:

And in secondary launch too, all are on:

I just tried starting WhatsApp manually, and it seems after this, it works today because you already helped me :heart:. I completely overlooked that there would still be the Optimisation App :flushed:(got too used to the beautiful FAW firmware)
So I didn’t disable that until today.

<Edit: now I tried also manual start of Signal and FB messenger, and after this they also work>

So it may be that my last problem lies with the auto app launch…

Which setting can I try next ?

I am working through this also with Watchdroid. It randomly closes down and disconnects even though settings say it shouldnt ? After opening it manually it works for a while then the problem appears again . I will keep testing

2 Likes

Wow, this watch is loud. A teenager with a lowered BMW who had turned up his music system to the max just stopped next to me at a traffic light. I showed him how loud the Lemfo LEM16 is. Now he’s crying…

7 Likes

Haha :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: . Told you so

2 Likes

I read in a forum, someone else struggling with keeping an app running on Android 11, that you need to open the recent app list and click the lock on the app you want to keep running. This even helped that it would start after a reboot.

I am struggling though, to hit that stupid lock exactly on the edge of the watch :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Thats interesring to know . My watch is charging now but i will try later

1 Like

I managed to hit the lock on the settings app, to my big regret, because I can’t hit it again to unlock it. But it does indeed have the effect that it is still lit after a reboot :+1:

On the other hand I now also have notifications working for all 3 chat apps AFTER reboot, so they autostarted.

The problem this guy had in the other forum, was that if his app was running when he rebooted, it would also autostart, but if he accidentally closed the app, it would also not autostart after reboot.

My observation fits with this behaviour, because I had successfully apps running in the background at time of reboot, and apparently they then also succeeded in autostarting.

Now if I can only hit that lock that should supposedly mean that they will be kept running, even if you exit them and all should be well :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

ah, so that’s what I heard earlier :dizzy_face: it really is loud then :crazy_face: maybe @Doonsbury heard it too :crazy_face:

2 Likes

It should work by using vysor.

3 Likes
1 Like

Hmm, I’m not sure about… :rofl:

3 Likes