Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

Today I was in an open field and tested it there too, but even in that situation it took longer than usual to lock on to the satellites. Maybe I’m used to my cell phone taking very few seconds or maybe the LEM 16 is not designed to have a valid GPS. I’m a bit disappointed with this, I was expecting better GPS quality.

I test all my watches gps with this

Normally takes around 10 seconds to get a good fix

3 Likes
  1. we are talking about it now, in my opinion it is not very good but also listen to the opinion of others it may happen that only mine has some problems. 2) Yes you can setup/use the watch without a SIM. You can use WiFi and Bluetooth. 3) I don’t know yet. I’ve had the watch for a couple of months 4) It lasts less than 24 hours for me with the SIM inserted using only the data connection and 5/6 Applications working in the background. These are not watches that the battery lasts 3/4 days like wear os and even in that case it’s difficult for it to last that long. I recommend another operating system if you want the battery to last longer.
2 Likes

Thanks but I’m already using it. Actually I have known this app for many years. The first thing I did was install it. :wink:

however I need a major fix. I made it so that if I hold the down (back) button, the watch sends the location in Google Maps to a certain contact in my address book. For this I need a very responsive GPS. So in the situation I’m in now I had to give a longer wait time for the GPS to lock onto the satellites.

Have you enabled google location accuracy in Location settings?
This is from an A10 watch but it’s the same as A11:

2 Likes

Thanks Pablo, I went into the geolocation settings and turned on “Google location accuracy”. However I believe that it also activates when I perform an action that I have set from tasker to send my position on WhatsApp since I have set the high precision geolocation there. I’ll try that too, let’s see what happens.

One thing I have noticed is that the GPS seems to be reliant on a Sim card.
With Wi-Fi only, it takes a long time to get a fix.
In my experience anyway.

1 Like

I have a SIM card and use the data connection. However after activating the high precision in the settings you showed me I noticed a faster fix. I still have to test better . Then I will let you know

1 Like

Hello, GPS is really shitty on my APPLL 4 Pro. When I have to use it with google, tha I allways disable, and GPS on my old kospet work’s like a charm without wifi, sim or google…

I have also removed all the Wiite apps now using ADB. I first removed things like browser, contacts, messaging, phone, etc so that when I installed the Google versions, I would not have two of the same app for these in my apps list. But eventually as I kept removing apps, I found out that everything that I use keeps working if almost all of them are removed. The only ones I seem to need are com.wiite.update for software updates and com.wiite.WiiteCommon for the menu that shows up after holding the power button. I used “pm uninstall -k --user 0 package_name” inside ADB shell, and to reinstall ones that I ended up needing or to test things, I used “pm install-existing package_name” since they’re still in the system partition. In particular, removing com.wiite.power stops the special charging page from showing up which was annoying for me. You can view a list of installed packages by running “pm list packages”, and adding “-u” shows the uninstalled ones. Grep and sed also work in the ADB shell. I know what I did removes the watch face display software and all the health apps, but since I prefer using a custom launcher and recents list anyway, I don’t need that part. For the health apps, when I tried to use them they did not seem very good to me in comparison with my Apple Watch. I will try installing Heart Fit and using Sleep as Android, and if those work and sync with Google Fit, this should be a good solution for me. If not, I might install the sleep and heart rate apps again. However, my Apple Watch probably has more accurate health features anyway so I will not be too disappointed if that aspect doesn’t end up working that well.

In addition, I should warn you that since I am blind, I have no idea what using a regular Android launcher like Lawnchair and removing all the Wiite apps makes things look like visually. However, you can always reinstall them with ADB if this removes functionality or does something you don’t want.

1 Like

I took a break from this for a few months but now that I have more time I was able to get the watch pretty much exactly how I want it. Talkback does not seem to read anything from the watch faces or allow me to switch faces either with the default launcher or Universal Launcher; by accessible I meant usable with accessibility services like Talkback. So I installed Launchair and that works well, and I like how it has both a home screen with multiple pages you can rearrange and an alphabetical apps list. I was also able to root the device with Magisk; even though the watch entered a boot loop several times, flashing it with the SPD Research Tool always fixed it. After installing Quickswitch and the correct Launchair version (12.1 does not work with Quickswitch on Android 11), I was able to change the recents list from the default one to Launchair’s, which lets me read all my open apps and easily close one of them or all of them without stopping things like accessibility and background services. The battery life is still pretty good for me even after doing this. If I need to completely force stop an app that’s running in the background, I can use the “Force stop” button on the app info page for it.

With root I can setup any things to made it better, GPS too, but I have to look at it…
I have the lokmat appll 4 pro now 2 weeks…

no fix after 10min, but gmaps, that I don’t want to use, get position with WiFi, but without WiFi nothing on my appll 4 pro…

1 Like
1 Like

@hans007 have you tried this?

How long exactly are we talking about? More than 10 minutes?

That’s not easy to answer because there are so many variables for each person.
All I can say is that the best location performance for me is when I am:

1. Signed into google services and have unrestricted data enabled for play services.
  2. Google location accuracy enabled
  3. Sim data activated
  4. Wi-Fi enabled
  5. Background BT and WiFi scanning enabled
  6. Make sure that you have the most up to date Google Play Services installed.
  7. Use a GPS app to clear AGPS data and go outside and get a first good GPS lock. This clears any stale GPS info and ensures a faster lock in future.

This is what I do every time I get a new device or visit another country.
Just remember that this will use a lot of power and after the first good lock, you can disable background BT and Wi-Fi scanning and disable Wi-Fi.
The Sim data and up to date AGPS data should ensure a fast lock after the first time.
Hope it works out ok for you :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Everything you say may be right but nothing changes for me. Every time I find myself in a street where there is some taller building, the fix takes more than 2 minutes. I have enabled everything, including wifi and bluetooth. I fear that the GPS antenna is of poor quality. As always “thanks for your advice”

That does sound rather cumbersome!

Do you get a GPS signal without SIM/WiFi at all?