Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

@mgk
I was responding to @Alex_Tr
Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

Neither more or less. The image got mirrored :rofl:

Yes @Jörg_Langer
That was months ago and it was quickly realised that the images were wrong :joy:

1 Like

My LOKMAT doesn’t recognize my sim (and any sim, i tried another already). I tried to turn it off and on, reboot, take off the sim and put it back again, erase to factory settings… This happened during a running session. Any ideas? I’m so pissed right now… Third watch in a row (the first and second were the Optimus 2 model from Kospet). And i’m stuck with my old Prime (1), which i have tortured for many years and it keeps going…

1 Like

(Just a sidenote: I’ve turned on my oldie but goldie Kospet Prime, and it’s still the best after all these years! It was my daily driver for about 18 months - I loved using it! :slight_smile:)

3 Likes

I’m certain this will have been due to moisture from your run . Hopefully it will dry out and start working . I am surprised though as the sim tray is in a good position . Have you tried drying with a bag of rice ?

The optimus 2 and prime 2 dont stand a chance with moisture due to camera position

1 Like

I had the sim revoved (and the cover also) for a full day…

Maybe longer will work . If the sim connector is eroded then its bad news

1 Like

Even if cleaning the SIM contacts with a cotton swab will not work as usual, I would try the following instead:
I would fold a piece of blotting paper in half and soak it in rubbing alcohol. Then I would try to clean the metal contacts with this. if salty sweat residue prevents contact, this could fix the problem.

4 Likes

OK guys, i used a compressed air can to blow air inside the sim socket and the 4g signal is back… I also noticed that the front camera has moisture inside… How can i prevent this? I would like to avoid wearing an athletic wristband…Can i cover the sim socket with a tape or something?

Also, it’s the first time after many athletic sessions that this happens… And it surprises me that it didn’t happen during September, when temperatures here in Greece were 30-35 Celsius degrees and it happens now, that we have about 20 degrees.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there are several places where moisture can penetrate. The buttons are also a potential problem.

1 Like

Unfortunately a watch phone is always going to have issues with damp and that’s why I always advise people to think carefully about using these as fitness monitoring devices.

Like a regular mobile phone, there is always somewhere that moisture can get in - when you think about it.

It would be advisable to try using a sweatband and something to prevent moisture transfer to the watch if you have to use it for this.

It is a constant source of frustration for people and I have started to think that wearing them during fitness activity is just not really possible…

Naturally, you get hot and perspire which means “salt water”.
The worst enemy of electronics :cry:

A very cheap BT fitness band is probably the best option if using a device for fitness activities is really important.

Or a $600 USD watch might be able to survive it…
I’ve never been able to afford the cost to test it personally.

6 Likes

there is a wide leather strap for the watch

2 Likes

Totally agree . As you know i have tested most for running with terrible results . Sweat and damp air gets into these devices all the time . Since buying a samsung for sports only i no longer take the risk

3 Likes

Thank you all for your responses.

I have a Garmin forerunner 220 (bought 180 eur, 6 years ago), which has the most precise running measurements of all my watches, but it isn’t a phone and it doesn’t support music playback.

I have also a Huawei Watch 3 Pro (bought 400 eur), which has fantastic hardware, i even wear it during swim (with sim enabled), but the huawei software is crap… If only it had android and it would have been the ideal watch (i don’t care about the lack of cameras obviously).

The Kospet Prime is a fantastic watch in terms of durability, but it’s hardware and software has got old.

I think i would go with the wristband (although it sucks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )…

1 Like

That’s actually a good idea to protect your device, thanks @Alex_Tr :+1:

1 Like

@christ this topic is about a particular model.
Don’t do that again please.

I have the lem13 which never had these issues as it sit in a case and i just love it and all other watches including the prime and lokmat 7 have gotten corrosion problems which led to unusable watches as there are not also parts for sale, if it was possible to put android 9 or even 10 on the lem13 that would havemade the watch perfect.

2 Likes

Not possible…
But, the whole thing about the LEM13 is that the same can be achieved by putting a watch in a pocket or similar protected area…
The important thing to remember is that the Android watch phone is designed to be a phone watch first and foremost.

Fitness tracking is something added under pressure from customers but the financial cost of effective implementation makes it impossible to deliver for the money.

3 Likes

The 4g signal came back. but the camera died… i never use the camera, but should i ask for a replacement? Will i have problems in the future with other features of the watch?