And……….I’m stuck.

After hrs of searching for anything about this for my AC W1 or the KW88 I’ve come up empty handed.

So heres the problem…

When trying to move files into the factory installed “clockskin” folder I get the message….

“Can’t access device storage.
Make sure your device is unlocked and File Transfer or MTP mode is selected”

The named folder itself transfers, I can access and delete it, the connection seems ok.

I’m using the “Settings Search” app, I have OEM unlocking & Unknown source settings open.

I’m using the “Android File Transfer” app on a iMac, all updates are current.

Watch is set in the Android platform.

Thx in advance for any help with this.

This isn’t a fix, but something to try. Load “Wifi File Transfer” on your watch and computer. See if you are able to transfer files using ftp.

Edit: use the one by Villacat, you can’t see the ftp# on a round watch with the one by androidder

Jan 1, 2018 4:22:22 GMT 1 moviking said:

If I don't mistake you said "to move files into the factory installed clockskin folder". Well if you try to access one of the root folders, I think you should log in as the root user or one of the administrators' to able to create files. Since you were able to create a folder, can you try to modify its ownership, add files in it and then move them around? .. !! warning if you mess up, you shall feel the consequencies !!

are you trying to put watch faces folders to the clockskin folder and are'nt able to?

Jan 1, 2018 16:40:01 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

are you trying to put watch faces folders to the clockskin folder and are’nt able to?

Correct, developer options are on, I can’t figure out how to allow the MTP mode, the hunt continues  

Jan 1, 2018 20:06:00 GMT 1 moviking said:

Jan 1, 2018 16:40:01 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

you can't see your device as mtp? have you installed usb mtp? 

Jan 1, 2018 20:17:10 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 1, 2018 20:06:00 GMT 1 moviking said:

you can’t see your device as mtp? have you installed usb mtp? 

I can see all the files, I can add folders and delete.

I’m using Android file transfer on a mac, so no I don’t have usb mtp

Finally…