American Gothic watch face

Went a different route this time and made one using classic art…was able to remove the background from the farmer and daughter and emboss them above the original image to make them pop a bit…has weekday and day function…Enjoy

clock_skin_model

Credits - Artwork Image, Artist Grant Wood Biography, The Art Institute of Chicago

Dropbox Link - American Gothic

5 Likes

Great background . Thankyou

yeah I wasnt really sure if the foreground would separate from the background and then to line it up is a little odd…Oh those hands, that I used are even more of a gem when for the most part those were actually a drawing and just had to highlight them with just a little silver so you wouldnt lose them in the dark sections…LOL
gothic_hands-removebg-preview

This is the drawing that was used in the design…it took me at least an hour for both to be perfectly sized and dead center.

1 Like

If you are working with a drawing program that allows multiple layers, there is a simple trick to center the watch hands: You create a plane that has a (red) dot in the center. Then you add another layer and insert the hand that should be centered. This level can now be aligned to the point of the first level by moving it. When this is complete the layer with the dot will be erased and the centered hand can be used.

3 Likes

Great looking face @Labby ! :+1: Apart from the work of art, the hands themselves are also a work of art! Of course, you’ll have to give me a credit link because you used a a picture of me and the Missus gardening! :crazy_face: :rofl: Cheers, Doons

1 Like