Always on display

Hello, 

Anyone can give me an advice about an app or some way to get an always on display on my thor 4

Nov 17, 2018 13:29:11 GMT 1 zhen3dd said:
Hello, 

Anyone can give me an advice about an app or some way to get an always on display on my thor 4

try this one, i just do’nt remember which one i’ve used that gave me on the lem x about 6hrs of usage.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.softdroid.display.onscreen.clock&hl=en

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomer.alwayson

Thank you !

I have tryed the second one and it is a good app but the issue i had is that the wake for notifications feature did not work.

I will try the first one…

If you have an other suggestion i will be happy to hear it

Thank’s

Nov 17, 2018 13:46:15 GMT 1 zhen3dd said:

how long did you get on the watch with this app? notifications did'nt come up with this app?

I have downloaded it on Google play store .

The app worked well but kept the screen from turning on when I receive a notification. I feel the vibration but I have to unlock in order to see the notification.

Nov 17, 2018 15:35:22 GMT 1 zhen3dd said:

The app worked well but kept the screen from turning on when I receive a notification. I feel the vibration but I have to unlock in order to see the notification.

use Heads Up to turn on the display. how long does battery last?

My understanding is the Always On display is only on watches with Android 7.1.1. It works on the new Thor 4 Plus which I just bought (see photo).

keithk

it is supported because of mtk6739 i’m not sure it is because of the version that way all mtk6737 could have gotten it:(

Nov 17, 2018 16:51:35 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 17, 2018 15:35:22 GMT 1 zhen3dd said:

use Heads Up to turn on the display. how long does battery last?

I did not check battery life. Since I have not been able to resolve the screen wake issue, I have uninstalled the app 

zhen3dd

i’ve checked with the iqi i8 and it works perfectly and i get almost 10hrs with it but with only gps on and bt.

Nov 20, 2018 3:30:33 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:zhen3dd

i’ve checked with the iqi i8 and it works perfectly and i get almost 10hrs with it but with only gps on and bt.

Thank you soniasophie9697 ! 

I will check it out again and let you know…

Nov 20, 2018 11:28:54 GMT 1 zhen3dd said:

Nov 20, 2018 3:30:33 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:zhen3dd

Thank you soniasophie9697 ! 

I will check it out again and let you know…

I tryed again and no luck ! 

the always on display works but can’t see the notifications unless i double tap the screen. and the watch becomes a bit hot. 

I think it might be related to android version being 7.0

May be it will be better when the thor 4 will be updated to 7.11 … if it will someday 

Nov 18, 2018 8:00:31 GMT 1 keithk said:
My understanding is the Always On display is only on watches with Android 7.1.1. It works on the new Thor 4 Plus which I just bought (see photo).

I think it is really not fair from zeblaze doing this kink of strategy. 

Because except the android version there no real difference between the thor 4 and the pro version 

they are just trying to make people buy a new watch to have features that could have been implemented via a software update 

zhen3dd

try this one: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jzz.the.it.solutions.always.on.display.amoled&hl=en

it is’nt up to zeblaze or lemfo they are just branding the watches they do’nt make them or which firmware is used with them:) the reason that thor 4 plus and lem7 new version and others support always on display is’nt because of the android version but hardware, there are two i8 one with the mtk6737 which does’nt support this feature and the i8 with mtk6739 which has it, same for lem7 and lem8 comes only with the newest processor all new watches come with mtk6739 the one which do’nt will never have this feature and i think also watches that do’nt have amoled as the lem x whice is mtk6739.

Nov 20, 2018 16:55:36 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:zhen3dd

try this one: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jzz.the.it.solutions.always.on.display.amoled&hl=en

it is’nt up to zeblaze or lemfo they are just branding the watches they do’nt make them or which firmware is used with them:) the reason that thor 4 plus and lem7 new version and others support always on display is’nt because of the android version but hardware, there are two i8 one with the mtk6737 which does’nt support this feature and the i8 with mtk6739 which has it, same for lem7 and lem8 comes only with the newest processor all new watches come with mtk6739 the one which do’nt will never have this feature and i think also watches that do’nt have amoled as the lem x whice is mtk6739.

I see…

Thank you very much for all these informations

zhen3dd

i have the kopet hope which is with mtk6739 and…the truth not GONNA use this always on feature i do’nt use wrist gesture and same with this but might if developers will add the option to use different watchface:) ricktop?

Nov 22, 2018 3:42:18 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:zhen3dd

i have the kopet hope which is with mtk6739 and…the truth not GONNA use this always on feature i do’nt use wrist gesture and same with this but might if developers will add the option to use different watchface:) ricktop?

With no USB connection it’s gonna be difficult.

I have the LEMX, if AOD work, just touch one time the screen and the display wackup, if AOD is off and I touch the display the screen sleep. I need AOD off in order the battery drain issue, but, also, I need touch the display and my wach wackup. Any suggestions? Thanks

Nov 25, 2018 9:37:09 GMT 1 giuseppe said:
I have the LEMX, if AOD work, just touch one time the screen and the display wackup, if AOD is off and I touch the display the screen sleep. I need AOD off in order the battery drain issue, but, also, I need touch the display and my wach wackup. Any suggestions? Thanks

you should not have battery issues with the lem x at all.