AllCall W1 - Doubts

Hi Guys,

Have selected AllCall W1 from the lot.

Thanks to Sonia and Captjon for helping me out.

Have some final doubts before I go on to buy this -

• Does this watch have poor battery issues?
  • Do we get OTA updates in this watch?
  • And can I download multiple watch faces usig that + icon?

Please bear with me, will post more doubts as they come in my mind.   Cheers.    

Jan 29, 2018 19:37:20 GMT 1 Deepak said:
Hi Guys,

Have selected AllCall W1 from the lot.

Thanks to Sonia and Captjon for helping me out.

Have some final doubts before I go on to buy this -

• Does this watch have poor battery issues?
  • Do we get OTA updates in this watch?
  • And can I download multiple watch faces usig that + icon?

Please bear with me, will post more doubts as they come in my mind.   Cheers.    

1. the kw99 has great battery life (have'nt tried with 3g yet) so the w1 should'nt be different even better. 2. if it needed yes, do'nt forget that our developers work closly with these companies. 3. yes, and also custom faces:) 

Just came to my mind, I think I should ask it here…

By any chance we are hearing a new watch from AllCall? Like some W2?

Jan 30, 2018 4:44:20 GMT 1 Deepak said:

most likely we will, the 6.0 watches (beta tests in my opinion) start to roll out and i do’nt think the round ones will stay behind.

I use bluetooth to connect to my phone and at the end of the day, my watch will be at about 65% power. I don’t make calls on it but I get all my notifications through it.

Yes OTA updates happen - I have had one update a couple months ago.

(I have 2 Allcall W1’s)

Jan 30, 2018 6:01:18 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 30, 2018 4:44:20 GMT 1 Deepak said:

most likely we will, the 6.0 watches (beta tests in my opinion) start to roll out and i do’nt think the round ones will stay behind.

So should I wait for my purchase of W1?

Can we expect a W2 soon?

Or what?

Jan 30, 2018 15:47:45 GMT 1 Deepak said:

Jan 30, 2018 6:01:18 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

in my opinion no, the differences between the 5.1 and the 6.0 is not that much and 3g vs. 4g is not yet been tested with battery life so i think w1 with 5.1 vs w2 with 6.0 is not that big of a deal and most likely the new one will come also with 2gb ram and 16gb storage i hardly think these will be upgraded. let just say this i will stick to my kw99 and the H2 for a while till i see something worth to replace them.

Jan 30, 2018 19:31:09 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 30, 2018 15:47:45 GMT 1 Deepak said:

in my opinion no, the differences between the 5.1 and the 6.0 is not that much and 3g vs. 4g is not yet been tested with battery life so i think w1 with 5.1 vs w2 with 6.0 is not that big of a deal and most likely the new one will come also with 2gb ram and 16gb storage i hardly think these will be upgraded. let just say this i will stick to my kw99 and the H2 for a while till i see something worth to replace them.

What are the chances that we get an Android update from 5.1 to 6 on our W1 watch only? I mean for the people who are currently using it.

Secondly, any chance that W2 is coming within a month or two?

Hope you understand, I do not want to purchase W1 on the verge of W2 release.

Jan 30, 2018 19:55:17 GMT 1 Deepak said:

What are the chances that we get an Android update from 5.1 to 6 on our W1 watch only? I mean for the people who are currently using it.

Secondly, any chance that W2 is coming within a month or two?

Hope you understand, I do not want to purchase W1 on the verge of W2 release.

I understand your apprehension but that is a forever game. Say the W2 is announced to come out in about 3 months. Mr. Ticks gets a demo model this month and after seeing it, you decide to wait for it. Then there are rumors of a major update to the Android watches later this year, now do you wait for that update?

My thought is if you like the W1 go for it and learn about how it really functions and it will help you get a feel for what you like and don’t like. Nothing beats having the watch and using it. Whatever you get, it probably will not be your last watch. It took me several before I found the I4 Air.

Jan 30, 2018 19:55:17 GMT 1 Deepak said:

that wo'nt happen in couple of month most likely around summer but i think pablo11 can answer that better than i do it is better to get more info about battery life and the software of the 6.0 watches and then undersand if it worth buying the round ones, and even 4g only if it means better coverage in the country you live and what effects it has on the watch battery life.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Will wait if pablo11 can throw some light on it as well.

Jan 30, 2018 20:24:47 GMT 1 Deepak said:

The W1 will not be getting Android 6.
These watches will not get an OS upgrade.
I’ll ask KingWear what their release road map is looking like.

Jan 30, 2018 20:24:47 GMT 1 Deepak said:

The W1 will not be getting Android 6.
These watches will not get an OS upgrade.
I’ll ask KingWear what their release road map is looking like.

Thanks for the clarification.

Will wait for the reply that you get from KingWear.

Any update my dear friend pablo11?

Jan 31, 2018 20:08:00 GMT 1 Deepak said:

it wo’nt be that fast to get new info about new devices i promise you when we know you’ll know:)

Feb 1, 2018 16:18:50 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 31, 2018 20:08:00 GMT 1 Deepak said:

it wo’nt be that fast to get new info about new devices i promise you when we know you’ll know:)

Sorry, I am highly confused.

My only apprehension is, I buy W1, and an announcement comes about release of W2 with Android 6 and 4g.

What I am trying to ask is, if there are some good 4 to 6 months to get a stable Android 6 and 4g, I will go for W1. In case we are expecting Android 6 (stable) within a month or so, I will wait.

Feb 1, 2018 16:51:59 GMT 1 Deepak said:

Feb 1, 2018 16:18:50 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sorry, I am highly confused.

My only apprehension is, I buy W1, and an announcement comes about release of W2 with Android 6 and 4g.

What I am trying to ask is, if there are some good 4 to 6 months to get a stable Android 6 and 4g, I will go for W1. In case we are expecting Android 6 (stable) within a month or so, I will wait.

true, it should’nt be too long before new watches will roll out it might be even on the coming month but i can’t promise that, i do’nt think having the w2 with 6.0 will have any advantages over the w1. you should wait till pablo11 will have info and trust me when he does he will notify our community:) 

Right. To wait is the correct choice.

Feb 1, 2018 18:35:42 GMT 1 Deepak said:

Trust me, don’t bother being sucked in to the 4G trap.

You won’t be streaming movies to your watch. Battery life and heat are very big problems with 4G.

3G is perfectly suited to our needs.

4G can’t be used for calls because the firmware is designed to switch to GSM for voice calls.

It may get updated but I doubt it would be Android 6

To be honest it all depends on each individual Brand and what they ask for.

Cheers

Pablo.

Feb 1, 2018 18:35:42 GMT 1 Deepak said:

Trust me, don't bother being sucked in to the 4G trap. You won't be streaming movies to your watch. Battery life and heat are very big problems with 4G. 3G is perfectly suited to our needs. 4G can't be used for calls because the firmware is designed to switch to GSM for voice calls. It may get updated but I doubt it would be Android 6 To be honest it all depends on each individual Brand and what they ask for. Cheers Pablo.

Thanks mate.

That actually makes sense. And secondly, if I got you right, you said the W1 may get an automatic upgrade?