All recent apps are closing when locking the device

Hello everyone, I have a problem with Prime 2. All recent apps are unloaded from memory when the device is locked. For example, background playback of YouTube premium services doesn’t work, same with video calls, etc. They hang up right after I lock the device. Is there a way to stop this?

Have you tried turning the apps OFF in the battery and data saver so they run in the background ? Look in settings under optimization . Thanks

3 Likes

yup, i tried, does not work for some reason. Don’t know what to do…

When you say lock the device what do you mean ?

1 Like

standby mode

That i cannot understand ? This function of making apps run in the background works 100% fine on all ? I hate to ask but are you sure you have done this correctly .

Do ANY work in the background …

1 Like

Nope, YouTube closes right after I lock the device. WhatsApp hangs up right after i lock the device. Same with Discord, Google Meet and other apps… Music on the other hand works perfectly fine when device is in standby. Same with Phone Calls

Please post a photo of whatsapp turned off in batrery saver and data saver if you dont mind . Its not i dont believe you have tried but this is unusual .

If all else fails a factory reset should fix this

1 Like

But i just got the smartwatch. It came wiped (Setup screen)

Makes no difference . A factory reset is advised from new and also after a update . Cheers . Leave battery saver on ( just turn off the apps you want to keep on ) . Same with data saver

1 Like

screencapv

Okay . So the good news is you are doing this wrong . I’m stuck at work without a watch so cannot photo you a sequence . Again , look for battery saver and data saver in settings . Leave these on but tap on them and you will see a list of apps . Turn off the apps you want to run in the background . If you have messed around with any other settings reverse what you have done . If you have no joy i’ll take screenshots for you tonight . There are many posts on this forum about this . Thanks

2 Likes

@Staidey I hope this helps

3 Likes

Thankyou :+1: Perfect

2 Likes