After 1 and a half years, Prime 2 died

Hello, my Prime 2 refuses to charge. It appears that it is trying to charge, displaying the famous image of the charged battery, but it does not exceed 1% of capacity. I reinstalled the firmware. It starts ok but of course then it shuts down. Could it be something other than the battery itself? I tested the cable, it’s good. I opened the smartwatch and all the connections are firm and stable. Is it worth buying a new battery? Thank you for the advice.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue that affected some of the early Prime2 models. I also had a watch that was affected. This is a circuit board fault, so replacing the battery will not solve the problem.
I’m sorry I don’t have better news to report.

3 Likes

Thank you for the answer. I also thought that it would have a power supply circuit that no longer works. Anyway, an end can be a new beginning.

2 Likes

I have 2 Prime 1. Sometime the PINs in the charger don’t like the Watch. Please check the Voltage on the Charger-PIN and move all PINS several times UPnDOWN and clean it. Eventually Your PowerSupply lowers Voltage under Operation: Check it! Good Luck, Hermann

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice, all the pins are fine, it’s the power supply circuit with problems. Anyway thanks again

I disassembled the smartwatch, uninstalled the battery and bypassed the circuit board that can also be seen in the picture attached to the battery, and then I manually charged it. 100% charge. Then installed on the smartwatch and it works perfectly. What do you think, could it be bypassed over the circuit and then charge normally? Could there be another fault circuit on the motherboard or just this related to the battery?

3 Likes

I’m not sure. But you have nothing to lose. so I think it should be worth trying.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll keep you posted

4 Likes

Hi, @vladimir_lutzu It’s faulty BMS , you can’t bypass BMS, watch won’t start, I have tried it on mobile, it didn’t start.BMS gives battery data to motherboard and if BMS is bypassed , board will not recognize. It also controls watts , so in direct current it may fry chips on mother board.Well that what’s I know, you could be wiser then me.
Good luck with your watch.
Best regards Mehul

3 Likes

It’s been more than half a year since I had problems with the battery charging circuit that is inside the motherboard. It doesn’t load at all.
As I said, I made a strip between the charging pins inside the watch and the battery, with 2 very thin strips of conductor. Since then, the battery is charging normally, all the data in the watch indicate the operation of the battery, its charging and discharging. I did not notice a decrease in the capacity in operation. The only shortcoming is that during charging, the watch is not seen by the computer (charging via USB port) until the battery reaches 65 - 70% of the charge. This is my experience with Prime 2

6 Likes