Accessing Wireless Data

Greetings. I just joined the forum and I need some help.

I have taken delivery of my Kospet Prime for 3 days now, and I have been trying to learn how to use the watch. I think I have learned many things that I need to know on the routine operation. But I am still struggling to use my data plan.

My cell company (Public Mobile) has directions on how to access their data plan. However, I still cannot find a way to switch ON and OFF data connection in my watch. Is there a way to set the watch to use WiFi as a priority and prompt me to connect to my wireless data when WiFi is not available? Thanks for your help.

hi . On your settings screen where you can see wifi , raise , bluetooth settings etc is the " data on off toggle " not visible ? Nornally it is faded until you insert a sim . Then when it lights up with sim inserted you can turn data on and off .

Question answer - No

I can imagine that you can use the “Tasker” app for this. However, I have not yet tested whether it can be used for this.

1 Like

Hi, on my watch I checked both wifi and network data options and it automatically switches priority when there is wifi, from network data and vice versa.

1 Like

I thought that he wanted to disable the mobile data to save battery. That’s how I understood the question.
You’re right when it comes to saving mobile data.

2 Likes

Thank you Dr Andy, G1NT0N1C and Vladimir for your fast response.

My Kospet Prime is running on Android Version 7.1.1 and has a Build Number v1.5.8_20200706.

Yes. I want to use WiFi as much as possible to save on my data usage. I tried all of your suggestions. I have an active SIM card in the watch. My watch’s Settings menu does not have a Data ON/OFF toggle.

As I kept digging further into my watch menu, I found that the following sequence will let me turn ON my Network Data:
Settings>Connect>WiFi>Cellular Networks>Data Enabled (toggle)

I suppose to a programmer it is a perfectly logical way to present a choice in the menu. But what a cryptic way Android is imposing on its users just to turn ON and OFF data. Don’t we think that Android still has a ways to catch up with iOS in enhancing user experience?

It will be great if upon turning ON both WiFi and Network Data options my watch would automatically switch priority when there is WiFi, and automatically switch to network data when out of WiFi coverage. I hope it will do that on my watch even if there is no such information shown anywhere on the watch or its documentations.

Thanks again for all your help. It makes me feel good joining the forum.

Goto quick settings. The jellow icon is mobile data in/off.

3 Likes

Hey Dr, while on the WiFi issue. I have a looser prime 4g on V2.3.8 and everything been ok, screen and app rendering good and WiFi perfect after last update. This week IP address not available. All my gadgets are recognising the modem, but this watch will save the network, may recognise for a split second and then go on searching. I have restarted many times and even forgot and then reconfigure/rejoin network. (Used hotspot to connect watch to check updates).
My apps have also decided not to render properly and I’m dreading having to factory reset for the fourth time in 2020.!!

Hi . You should always perform a full factory reset after a update . Sorry

Thanks for that. I guess update only when absolutely necessary. :+1:

1 Like