A new watch is needed, after the summer... What to buy now?

Yes, but it was Omate who made the full android and Pablo11 smartwatches known.

Yes of course :grin:

Omate were very difficult and it ended very badly

The way kickstarter Omate TS1 messed up until lokifish marz retire huh. I remember it all lol

Yep… After all, it’s not that long ago…
6 years…
We started up only when the first round Android watch came along…
Finow K18
In 2015

I still have 2 of these…
Still working :+1:

1 Like

I also just checked my 2016 Finow X5 is still working.
Finow too they disappeared from the market in a strange way…

Yes, they lost their R&D department (factory) in 2018 and they are now making BT bands.

They could not compete in developing.
The X5 was my all time favourite watch but they simply would not co-operate in fixing some serious but fairly simple problems.

Until the end of 2017 when they finally realised that they needed help and they met with me in Shenzhen…
But sadly it was too late :pensive:

Truesmart :joy::joy: Happy days . I may have told you about this . Ordered one at it arrived , next day another one , following day another one and the next day another one :joy::joy::joy: . Paid for one got four :+1::+1: . Made a fortune on ebay

Happy days :+1:

1 Like

Happy idiots unfortunately…
They (like many kick-starters) are always spouting amazing ideas and completely forget that they are dealing with the manufacturing confines of Shenzhen…

Completely screwed up for many people :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

No reflection on you @Dr_Andy_Vishnu obviously…
But that is just another example of how insane many of these projects are

1 Like

Although very exciting at the time :joy::joy:

Absolutely… It was like bees to honey at that time

1 Like

Putting an amp meter directly across a Lithium ion battery like this might be a bit dangerous. Depending on the meter they can produce nearly a dead short to a battery. Also batteries are rated in milliamp hours so simply putting an ammeter across one won’t tell you much except how much current it is capable of in a short burst. This would possibly be dangerous to the battery and to you! To measure milliamp hours (mah) you need to put a resistor across the battery with a value that will draw only a reasonable mah for that battery and then use a timer to see how long it lasts.

1 Like

Agree. I have a USB inline volt/amp meter that records the amount of current flowing and the amount of charge a battery accepts during the charge cycle in mah. I have found it to be sufficiently accurate during multiple charging cycles.USB tester

1 Like

Dont worry, I am an expert on this. I do this on a regular basis.

Check the picture. That battery is a Samsung battery, I bought it for a friend and checked it is capacity. It was excellent and gave it her without returning to the seller.

3 Likes

@Jonathan_Bickel - I agree those are great to have and I’ve got several - also most of them are quite inexpensive. I’ve gotten some as cheap as $2 a piece. Good to have but they don’t tell how much mah a battery can provide which requires what I described above and a quick calculation after you’ve run a test for some hours.

That is an option. But It is not accurate as discharging the battery directly.

I will buy one too:-)

I suspect we are getting a bit off topic here. PM sent watermelon

1 Like