A new watch is needed, after the summer... What to buy now?

Well, for the moment I’m thinking to order a Microwear H8 for only 95 €. It’s the only alternative to the Rollme S08 speaking about IP68 ( I wish an IP68 watch in order to get free of my smartphone during the winter when I go to the swimming pool ).

Good luck.
It has been out of production for a while now and that’s why the firmware is so old.
Early 2019.

Why not wait for the sales and get something a bit more up to date and for “hopefully” a good price.?

In my opinion…

2 Likes

U’ve right but other products, as I’ve seen, follow the trends of the IP65 / IP67. There’re just a couple of IP68 watches, don’t know if the next future some new IP68 watch will be presented…

Yeah, in my opinion getting a newer one should be better. But hey, IPx8 features is just that good for many usage scenario.

1 Like

A little update…

2 weeks ago I bought a Microwear H8. I know, I know, it’s an old watch but for only 95 € I’ve decided to try it. Good idea ! :rofl: The package has been lost, I’ve raised an issue with Paypal, hope to get back my money in early future…

In the while, no way to choose a Rollme S08. It’s bigger than my laptop :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Its sizes are really too big for a normal man. And it’s one of the ugliest watch I’ve ever seen.

So, at the moment I’m waiting. Hope to discover other watches in these next few months that can fit my specs… At the moment, no new watch unfortunately.

:confounded:

why oh why did they have to screw it up so badly with this monstrosity on the top of the watch?
is there one sane watch maker in china who’ll understand that one little discreet front facing camera is more than enough if they absolutely must insist to put one on the watch?
no IP68 is a big no no too

f**k!

1 Like

I hope so. I really liked the concept and the design of the old Kospet Brave.
Too bad the watch itself sucked big time.
But it did look really cool, was IP69 waterproof ( or they said it was, anyway kind of ground breaking for its time ) and most imprtantly it had no cameras :slight_smile:
a watch like that running android 10 would be what I’d want for this christmas.

now well, I’ll have to put my patience on it seems

@ fuuz I also think that putting cameras on these watches have been a great mistake since the start. Occupying space and adding bulk aspect to the device in favor of a useless feature. Apart from the newer models that come with front cameras, the “main” camera found on this kind of device is - pardon me who may think otherwise - a HUGE inutility.
If I need an at least passable camera in any scenario I’ll automatically go for my smartphone. Always.
I’ve never used my Kospet Hope camera. Never. It’s just pointless, for my taste and usage. Even if it had better specs. I can’t see myself relying on the watch for taking pictures, instead of my smartphone. I deeply respect the ones who may like it, of course.
Front facing cameras may have their place nowadays, due to the increasing interest in video calls - I give you that.
Anyway, it’s just a personal opinion. No intention to have the final word on the matter nor stablish undeniable truth or anything.
Cheers.

It is a pity that with very good features he does not have ip68!
How about thickness? These watches are getting too big and thick. But we’ll see. At the very least it will be different.

I hope Kospet will release square smartwatch that have far better battery than lem10… great job for Kospet Prime 2… this watch can still develop in terms of design, such as more smooth rounded side on its rotate camera.

There will be a new square watch from Ticwris called Max S.
But this has nothing to do with the competition so it is moved here

3 Likes

Still looking for MT6762 with 640x480 screen, 2500+mah battery REAL capacity and IP68 :smiley:
And a charger with usb port to the cradle, for easier changing the cable.

This will be a perfect replacement for my phone in daily usage :ok_hand:

…annoyingly, everyone has a different idea of the perfect smartwatch.:wink:

1 Like

haha just like my country idiom,
People have the same black head, but inside different altogether :grin:

yeah, I was using “better” kind of watches for a year or so now, having to leave full android watches for a while due to quality issues the most of them stuggle with, and I have not missed a camera on my watch for one single second, ever.

although I wouldn’t mind too much having a small camera on my watch if I ever needed one in some kind of a highly improbable scenario ,what Kospet seem to have done with that new watch was to take a toy camera and put a watch around it.

some will like it, I’ll still have to wait for a cool IP 68 waterproof full android 10 watch with a very small camera on the front or even better no camera at all

I’m sure they’ll make one eventually

I think you should buy a Apple watch and then you wont need worry about full android watches anymore as they will never be what you want .

3 Likes

But they will!
Have you not heard of the upcoming Rollme Hero pro? All screen, the new qualcom dragon chip, fully waterproof, sadly it may run android 7.1 but hey, only one very little camera on the front, it looks like it’s gonna be great.

I also did get an apple watch and a samsung watch, they are pretty cool too, but this forum is about android watches and what we like / would like about those.

Thank you

2 Likes

Qualcomm chip + A7.1.1… :thinking:
Something not quite right there :grin:
Yes of course I’ve heard of the Hero (M6739 A7.1.1) and the Hero pro…well, Qualcomm has only been mentioned in the China "let’s throw it out there " type of advertising. To be honest it is most likely to be the same A10 solution as the Prime 2 but with NFC…
Although what they would use NFC for - I’m not sure?
Certainly can’t be used for banking…
I’ll publish the correct details when they arrive.
I never bother until I am 100% sure…

3 Likes

that would be even better than the snapdragon wear 4100 in my opinion

1 Like

Yep I agree…
I think they like to throw out the Qualcomm name thinking that it is attractive… But it’s not.
But who knows, we can only wait for the real deal to materialise :+1: