A couple weeks with the Kospet Brave

So, I really like this watch. I had some issues to start out with. It took some tweaking of the settings to get an acceptable batterry life, but now I can get around 24 hours with minimal usage. The fingerprint/heartrate sensor seems to work iffy, if it’s actually working at all. It seems to give the same reading all the time for everyone. The light does come on though, so it’s entirely possible it’s a software problem like I was having with the GPS. TLDR, in order to allow it to discover sattelites without a SIM card inserted, I had to go to Settings, Security, Permissions, Location, and turn everything to “Always allow”. Turns out the apps weren’t bothering to ask me to allow them to access the GPS.

Other than that my current issues are again due to software. Like other Kospet owners, they’ll tell you, it sucks. The launcher in particular. The Universal Launcher on the Playstore is MUCH better. Unfortunately there seems to be performance issues with it, or rather with the OS itself. I’m looking into rooting it and shutting down some processes I don’t need running. Eventually I hope a different rom can be developed for it. It seems Kospet might actually be listening to it’s customers wants. The USB cable supplied with the watch is 4-pin, and works for file transfers and rom flashing.

And I think that’s about it. If Kospet were to work with the OpenWatch project or the like, their inexpensive watches would easily make them the top on the chinese smartwatch market.

Oh, one last thing I really like, the cell network just connects with no fuss, Bell or Telus, no screwing with the APN for data.

Nice review of the Brave. Hopefully. Kospet takes the high road and continues to update with the latest options. Open watch project would be a dream come true!

Thankies, and yeah it would, it looks really nice

Hi are you in Canada? I am with Koodo (which is Telus). I have inserted the Sim card but my Hope does not see it. When I go to the display showing Bletooth and Sim card. The sim card has a red X on it. Any suggestions?

Apr 6, 2019 16:08:03 GMT 2 twofreddy said:
Hi are you in Canada? I am with Koodo (which is Telus). I have inserted the Sim card but my Hope does not see it. When I go to the display showing Bletooth and Sim card. The sim card has a red X on it. Any suggestions?

Put the sim card in a phone, then disable the PIN code; watches won’t ask for the code, instead a locked sim card just won’t work.

Bit of a newbie. How do I disable the PIN code?

Just found out how to do it. There is no PIN on it.

It works! I had to reboot after put sim card in. Then go to Settings - Connect - Cellular Networks and then Search Networks. It found Koodo .

Thanks for your review! I’m expecting my Kospet Brave any day now. Does anyone know if there have been any OS improvements yet? Also, will the Universal Launcher allow me to display Farenheit on my watch faces?

Yes, but temperature symbol is generaly hardcoded on clocksin faces. For watchmaker faces it will show ok.

Hi, did you happen to find out how to add new clock faces? I tried clockskin and faces, and they ‘run’ (are android compatible) with the watch but can’t get any new faces to display. Read somewhere that this was do’able via the Fundo (pro?) app but I can’t find that option anywhere in there. Thanks!

Have a look at our YouTube cannal. There are some videos, for example this one:-https://youtu.be/pqBl8dQGdvU

1 Like