2G/3G Reception

Hi
I’m on T-Mobile here in Nashville. On my Thor Pro I am only see in 2G and no 3G. I get 3G and 4G on my Android phone so I thought I would get 3G on the watch. Anyone with a Zeblaze on T-Mobile or AT&T that might have an idea for me?

Thanks,
Matt

Sept 7, 2018 23:18:03 GMT 1 onemat said:
Hi I'm on T-Mobile here in Nashville. On my Thor Pro I am only see in 2G and no 3G. I get 3G and 4G on my Android phone so I thought I would get 3G on the watch. Anyone with a Zeblaze on T-Mobile or AT&T that might have an idea for me?

Thanks,
Matt

I assuming you have a T-Mobile Sim card installed in the watch. Have you tried to select 3G on the watch in settings? Settings/Connect/Network settings then select the type you want 2G/3G.

Hi Caption
Yes…i have a brand new T-Mobile SIM in the watch and they activated it.

3G is selected in settings. I’ve also tried it on “automatic” with same result. I’m going back to T-Mobile to try a different SIM. I checked the frequencies listed for both T-Mobile and the watch specs, which line up just fine. I’ve also checked the watch in multiple locations and the watch stays on 2G. I’ll let you know about what happens with a different SIM card.
Thanks…Matt

Sept 8, 2018 15:04:08 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Sept 7, 2018 23:18:03 GMT 1 onemat said:
Hi I'm on T-Mobile here in Nashville. On my Thor Pro I am only see in 2G and no 3G. I get 3G and 4G on my Android phone so I thought I would get 3G on the watch. Anyone with a Zeblaze on T-Mobile or AT&T that might have an idea for me?

Thanks,
Matt

I assuming you have a T-Mobile Sim card installed in the watch. Have you tried to select 3G on the watch in settings? Settings/Connect/Network settings then select the type you want 2G/3G.

So today I went back to T-Mobile and tried a different SIM. The watch still only got 2G. I also discovered that the watch will get AT&T 3G, but no 3G on T-Mobile. I’m not really sure if something is wrong with the watch or perhaps it’s how T-Mobile is here in Nashville. For now the problem remains unsolved but in the scheme of things, it’s not a big issue for me.

Sept 8, 2018 22:55:50 GMT 1 onemat said:
So today I went back to T-Mobile and tried a different SIM. The watch still only got 2G. I also discovered that the watch will get AT&T 3G, but no 3G on T-Mobile. I'm not really sure if something is wrong with the watch or perhaps it's how T-Mobile is here in Nashville. For now the problem remains unsolved but in the scheme of things, it's not a big issue for me.

Just curious. I assume because you got the Sim card from T-Mobile they add the watch to your account and charge you a monthly fee, like AT&T does for the tablet on my account. Does this Sim card have its own phone number or can it use the same number as your phone similar to my AT&T tablet that links to my phone with the same number. As I understand it though, the app, that links the two devices together has to be installed via the firmware and cannot be added as an app to the other device.

In my watches I use a “Speed Talk” Sim card that uses the T-Mobile network. I can’t verify at the moment but I usually see a 3G connection when I am in a better location and have a better signal. Speed Talk cards start at $5 a month and up depending on how much you use your watch for calls, text’s and data. I find in most cases the $5 card which provides  $5 = (2centMIN or 2centSMS or 2centMB DATA) - 30 Days (GSM-T) or basically 250MB total usage is sufficient in my watches.

[quote author=“capt jon” [/quote]Just curious. I assume because you got the Sim card from T-Mobile they add the watch to your account and charge you a monthly fee, like AT&T does for the tablet on my account. Does this Sim card have its own phone number or can it use the same number as your phone similar to my AT&T tablet that links to my phone with the same number. As I understand it though, the app, that links the two devices together has to be installed via the firmware and cannot be added as an app to the other device.

In my watches I use a “Speed Talk” Sim card that uses the T-Mobile network. I can’t verify at the moment but I usually see a 3G connection when I am in a better location and have a better signal. Speed Talk cards start at $5 a month and up depending on how much you use your watch for calls, text’s and data. I find in most cases the $5 card which provides $5 = (2centMIN or 2centSMS or 2centMB DATA) - 30 Days (GSM-T) or basically 250MB total usage is sufficient in my watches.[/quote][

Interesting about Speed Talk cards.
Your guess was right. It is a t-Mobile SIM card. The watch has its own phone number. Fortunately I get this line for free on a promotion T-Mobile had last year. I may look into Speed Cards…
I noticed on the watch under network search it comes up with two different T-Mobile networks and one has all different options. I’ll find a way to post it here for you to see. Perhaps the solution will be there.
Anyway Capt. Jon Thanks for the conversation and trying to help me out…

Hi onemat, yeah you won’t get 3G on T-mobile with the thor pro, it’s WCDMA (ie 3G) bands are listed as 850/2100Mhz. 850Mhz (band 2) will give you 3G on AT&T, but you would need hardware taht supports 1900 (band 2) or 1700/2100 (band 4) for T-mobile’s 3G and the thor pro doesn’t have it (at least according to banggood’s specs on their website).