X7 Official support thread - software and firmware support

hello

Can you tell me what´s the new features/improvements in relation to the 20190119 firmware?
Also is it possible converte this update into an OTA update?

Sorry but the answer is just the newer firmware has some bug fixes.

It is either released as an OTA or not.
It cannot be simply “converted”

So far it does not appears to be release as an OTA, so…
I know the watch itself cant decode and unpack img and bin files, what i meant with “converted” was if someone who has the version already update, and know previously all the content of the previous version, could eventually point out what apps or system files have been changed and pack it all up in a sign zip file… Yeah now as i´m writing this message it really sounds a lot!
I did something very similar back in the Kitkat and Lollipop days… perhaps now it is not that easy…

Thanks anyway for your reply

I have also purchased this watch in Nov, 19 seeing the specifications. Although watch is good in performance except battery. But being a new model latest 2019, it has no any support from finow. Nothing found on there website www.finowatch.com. It is dead website. Mostly Chinese maker are like this, only make to sell but no any support. Nothing spares are available which are damaged after use like straps, battery.
It is just like use and throw. Don’t be dreemed to repair as no any spares are available, particularly the Finow X7. Let see how many days I can use?

Thats why we ( the mods ) and the forum members try and bridge the gap for support . We are the official support for Kospet , Lemfo and now the new genesis watch . So not all are as bad as finow .

1 Like

I would be interested in buying one of those due to the metal casing (Finow X7 / Lemfo LEF3), but it seems they have been discontinued.
Does anyone know if they can still be purchased or if another similar rebrand exists?

I’ll ask around …

Cheers

1 Like

Only one that I can find that might be in stock
https://swadeal.com/product/finow-x7-4g-smart-watch-1-39-inch-android-7-1-1g16g-sport-smartwatch-for-men-women-fitness-heart-rate-tracker-gps/?utm_source=Google+Shopping&utm_campaign=USA1&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=20291

1 Like

Respected sir, I like ask a question about the stock firmware of Finow x7. Although I had downloaded this firmware more than one year ago, and successfully flashed so many times. But while flasing I always unchecked the preloader file.
Here my question is can I flash with preloader without unchecked ? Is this rom has built in preloader. Means full stock rom. Hoping you will reply my doubt. Thanks sir.:pray:

The watch is Finow or Lemfo?

Both have this model.

Equally the firmware can be used for both devices.

You don’t need to flash the preloader.
You can just exclude the preloader and make a factory reset after flashing the device.

Thanks for reply. My watch is Finow x7. The flash file is working. But my curiousity to know about what is harm if I flash with preloader ?
Thanks sir🙏

I am not sure why it is bothering you…
But, you can flash the finow firmware with the preloader selected as well if you want.
It is fine to do this if you are flashing firmware that you know is definitely for your watch model.

I always use the “firmware upgrade” option in the flash tool to make sure I clean out the previous software.

But this will wipe your user data.
Using “download only” is ok if you do not flash the user data image.
However, I always prefer a clean start.

Thanks for reply sir. The firmware of my watch Finow x7 was downloaded from this website, may be posted by you sir. I did not understand about user data. Because if I flashed in download only mode, my all data like music, video, and extra applications are all ready erased. Then I think your meaning is all inbuilt Google apps ?
If possible please clear me about userdata.
Thanks sir.:pray:

1 Like

You beat me once again!:joy:

1 Like

Thanks sir, Now I understood about user data.:pray:

2 Likes

Anyone know if/where to get one of these still? Either the x7 of lemfo lef3 could only find 2 black ones for sale but I’m looking for a silver one and I can only see none in stock on all major online stores.

Actually I am very surprised that you found any at all…?
This watch has been out of production since 2019.
I would not recommend this watch to anyone now.
It looks great, but there is a large black ring around the screen between the usable area and the bezel.
Battery life is not too good compared to the more recent products because the battery is very small and the firmware is not well optimised.

2 Likes

Yes i know… there just isnt any other FAW with a steel body that came out any more recent to this. Im used to the battery life. I still rock my kospet hope. Plus was planning to root it anyway. Do you know if the factories keep old stuff like this around?

Nope, they don’t.
The only thing important for them is to sell them all asap, lol.
This was the last model to have a metal body.
Customers wanted to be able to change straps.
After that, all models had removable straps and ABS moulded body to allow antennas to work.
Rooting it made no difference to be honest.
It was not a great Android 7.1 solution and without the source (with all the custom drivers and modem files) no hope of improving it.
The Kospet Hope was better in this respect. Battery life was better for the Hope.
Sorry it’s not better news.

2 Likes