Will Optimus 2 bear the SS strap load?

But have a look at this post:
-WARNING: Risk of fire from LEM10 charging cable

I also use a stainless steel bracelet and have no problems with wifi or SIM card. The charging cable is also not a problem because the bracelet is made of stainless steel and is therefore not magnetic.

1 Like

That is not necessarily true just because the magnets will not stick. It may only take momentary contact between two metals for current to flow and the cable to possibly weld itself to the metal band. May be remote but it is a possibility.

1 Like

Apart from probable short circuit issues can you please let me know if Optimus 2 can bear the weight of SS strap?. Have you examined the strap holders?. Is their any kind of wear?.

No problems reported.

1 Like

no problem

1 Like

Same here . All good :+1:

2 Likes

You may not think it is doing anything but I can tell you that it does.
This is why they refuse to sell their products with metal straps.
Probably just weakens the signal and makes the modem work harder.

2 Likes

What wireless charger are you talking about?

I think, @anon5802783 is referring to a power bank (dock). Charging cable may get accidentally short-circuited.

Ah I see.
Less chance of the issue happening with the dock, yes.

But still possible to short the dock pins with the strap…just not quite as dangerous.

I really don’t understand why people ignore everything that the manufacturer says and try to use a metal strap?
I understand that people like metal straps but since everyone involved in making and selling these watches advises not to use them… Why continue to ignore the advice?

2 Likes

I for one have heeded the advice and switched away from the very suave metal strap. Better be safe than regret

4 Likes

Just re-confirm if it’s really stainless steel. Coz, mine turned out to be electroplated metal and not SS, as was advertised.

Doesn’t matter.
It’s metal.
Well, as far as the advice goes it makes no difference.
It’s nothing to do with magnetism either.

3 Likes

This is my strap. No Problems!!!

No problems with receiving and sending signals. In addition, the watch looks even better than with the cheap plastic strap.

The advice from @pablo11 has been given ? Its upto you if you choose to ignore it ?

2 Likes

It degrades sending and receiving performance. I am happy for you if it still works. But it is not recommended.

2 Likes

I receive calls every day, make phone calls with it, receive WhatsApp and SMS messages, do video chats with WhatsApp … Absolutely no problems with it. So why should I use a plastic bracelet again?

You can do or not do whatever you want. If you should decide to use your watch as a doorstop, that would be totally ok for me. But I will not recommend either to other members…

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21