What to with an old watch?

It´s the same problem with nearly all electronics. When you buy a new one, what to do with the old?

Give it a family member or sell it on the net. But these are not really working with these watches. For family members without technical knowledge are they not so perfect, the UI are cut on the edges. And selling is also not so easy, because the interest is not so huge. What are you thinking about this?

(By the way, Mr.Smartwatchticks must have a ton Smartwatches…what does he do with it? Charity?)

I have the impression that Smartwatchticks keeps all of his watches

Feb 28, 2019 12:32:39 GMT chromax said:
It´s the same problem with nearly all electronics. When you buy a new one, what to do with the old?

Give it a family member or sell it on the net. But these are not really working with these watches. For family members without technical knowledge are they not so perfect, the UI are cut on the edges. And selling is also not so easy, because the interest is not so huge. What are you thinking about this?

(By the way, Mr.Smartwatchticks must have a ton Smartwatches…what does he do with it? Charity?)

I usually donate them to a charity, like Goodwill, that will sell them to an interested or curious person.

to families and friends

Ok…so you need a geeky family, my mother would never understand such a watch :slight_smile:

If you go to university you can give it to a roommate

If you don’t want it, you can always send it to me for development purposes

Jokes aside, you can install a big watchface on it and use it like a bed clock, or maybe install a google assistant app and use it like a voice assistant at home. Or you can use it as a Spotify remote control… It’s Android, posibilities are endless!

I already do this with old tablets, a similar problem.

Maybe a nice new category “Smartwatch Projects”, like the millions for the raspberry.

I also have a cool idea, a fixed mounted old watch beneath the door and connected to a doorcam. The great thing, you can switch with the buttons through multiple cams around your house…