What additional features will android 5.1 offer over 4.4?

What additional features will android 5.1 offer over 4.4? Is there anything worth the change?

at first, less battery usage…

@Lokifish_Marz i hope activity apps i really like them, it will be a main reason for me to upgrade my D5 to 5.1 watch.

@SmartWatch_Ticks Have you been able to test the new 5.1 watches with the android wear app?

Hi @Ciro_Danise . I shared the video you posted of the KW88. What are your initial thoughts about this model and are there any new benefits to note about 5.1?

@C_For KW88 is not yet available. That video was sent to me by a Kingwear representative.

@Ciro_Danise I’ve preordered one. The seller said it will ship on the 30th June.

@C_For As I said, not yet available. Kingwear will ship firts batchs starting from 25th June.

@C_For that watch keeps getting pushed back week after week after week.
I really hope it’s as good as it’s made out to be. Some serious issues showing up on these new 5.1 watches.
Just for a change it’s as if they were released before they should have been. Software and hardware bugs all over the place.
Having said that - that’s why we’re here - to help test, stabilize and improve. Things can only get better :slight_smile:

Hopefully my kw88 will ship via dhl tomorrow . Fingers crossed.

@john_gully it’s unlikely it will ship tomorrow. I’ve been told the 30th is the earliest but let us know if you get it! I’m looking forward to seeing this model in the flesh.

Just been confirmed ready tomorrow nite and because I have dhl it will ship Monday

Where did you purchase from? I ordered from Aliexpress @john_gully

From King wear themselves.

@john_gully Do you have a link to their page and if you don’t mind what was the cost of the watch direct?

@C_For what Android Wear app did you want me to test on the D6/Q1 platform? Do you have a link?

@SmartWatch_Ticks It’s this one. Just wondering will it pick up the new 5.1 watches? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.wearable.app&hl=en_GB