Vacheron Constantin Mercator UL

At the 400th anniversary of the death of mathematician, philosopher, geographer and cartographer Gerhard Kremer (better known today under the name Mercator), a jubilee watch was launched that looked different from all the previously known wristwatches. The enameled dial shows a map by Mercator with Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia, above which moved two hands in the form of a card circle that indicated the current time via retrograde hours and minutes.

My challenge was re-constructing Mercator’s map a la Amerigo Vespucci…

VacheronConstantinDualRetrogradeForum

THE ORIGINAL:

VacheronConstantinOriginal

CREDIT: Vacheron-Constantin.com

10 Likes

A fascinating little look into history (Your not related to “The History Guy” on Utube by any chance? :rofl:) and a magnificent watch face! Many thanks doubledad. :+1: Cheers, Doons

Thanks, if I do say so myself, the process of re-constructing the Mercator’s map was awesome!

1 Like

Very interesting face, I tried on my Kospen but the hours hand was too much on left, beyond number 12. Is this normal? Do I have to switch from 24 to 12 my time?
Regards!

I’m don’t know what the problem would be since it works perfectly on my Les1 and Prime SE

When I switched from 24 to 12 hours time the hands behave normal.
May be this is because of my Kospet, who knows.

I am pleased that you found a solution. Sayonara

1 Like

The link is dead’ any chance of re-upload?

Try this:

1 Like

Sadly, on Optymus 2 stock launcher only the second hand shows up, which kinda makes it difunctional for me :frowning:

Yes, it requires the universal launcher available at the Google Play Store: ( Universal Launcher New Gen)