Update kw88

Hi Everyone

About to get the kw88 Android 5.1 Smart Watch from lemfo official store (Aliexpress)

I been reading up on the watch and seeing that one of the updates will break the custom 
clock face apps and will prevent you running them and only accessible via the plus section on the clock section 

unless you do a special trick that will make them work

What Updates should I install on the device when I receive should I do them all or just Up to a certain date

I really want to be able to download and use my own clock’s on the watch

Many thanks

Thomas 

Apr 19, 2017 8:17:15 GMT 1 tdbnz said:
Hi Everyone

About to get the kw88 Android 5.1 Smart Watch from lemfo official store (Aliexpress)

I been reading up on the watch and seeing that one of the updates will break the custom
clock face apps and will prevent you running them and only accessible via the plus section on the clock section

unless you do a special trick that will make them work

What Updates should I install on the device when I receive should I do them all or just Up to a certain date

I really want to be able to download and use my own clock’s on the watch

Many thanks

Thomas

What is broken is the APK method to install clockfaces, but the new method is easier, so you can update your watch, no problem.

So do I have to do the duplication method  to add new faces on the kw88 ?? like this method ?

1. Find the file labeled clock_skin_model.png

2. Duplicate it

3. Rename the duplicate to img_clock_preview.png

Now install the folder with BOTH of these files in it to the “ClockSkin” folder you create on the KW88

cheers

Thomas

-New to Android / Smartwatch Technology 

Apr 19, 2017 8:46:20 GMT 1 tdbnz said:
So do I have to do the duplication method  to add new faces on the kw88 ?? like this method ?
  1. Find the file labeled clock_skin_model.png

2. Duplicate it

3. Rename the duplicate to img_clock_preview.png

Now install the folder with BOTH of these files in it to the “ClockSkin” folder you create on the KW88

cheers

Thomas

-New to Android / Smartwatch Technology 

Yes this method should work.

I did all the updates on a brandnew KW88 and used the “duplicate method” afterwards. Unfortunately, all the faces applied by this method are shown twice in the watchface selection menue. They are working, regardless which on I select, but something seems to not work, like before the March update.

Best regards.