Update firmware

Please can you post latest firmware update for the Prime. I have finally installed on Linux the SP Flash Tool :slight_smile: Thanks.

Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @moni
Did you flash without problem ?

I think its not necessary to enable the “userdata” option, for keeping all apps.

Thx !

1 Like

i tried on Linux but it didn’t work…now i am trying on a Windows laptop, let’s see if i can…never did before :frowning:

So I just did the flash right now by SP Flash Tool.

I just disabled “userdata”. Everything fine. I’m on 1.6 version and the watch is like before: all apps and settings remain.

Tell me if i got it right : 1 download the zip from link above …and than?

Extract it. Open SPFT, load the scatter file and all necessary files will appear.

Turn off the watch. Click on “download” in SPFT, and connect the watch by putting it on the dock.
The process will begin. Just wait till the end.

If the watch is not recognized by PC, you have to install MTK drivers. Not necessary in my case.

(You could try a local flash by loading the rom on the watch. Then select local flash in the update setting. But I tried this method some days ago and I just got “error” message.)

1 Like

Watching our video is always a good idea

1 Like

I did all the procedure but the download didn’t start …not on Ubuntu laptop not on Windows

Did you click on “Download” before connecting the watch ?

Is the watch turned off ? Is it recognized , for transferring files for example ?

2 Likes

The watch it’s off-i usually transfer files via usb (pictures,music…) i loaded the scatter file -click on download-put the watch in the base connected to the laptop…and no download

You did well.

Did you select “download only” in flash tool ? Sometimes, with “format all+download” its right for flashing. You can retry like that…

i did select download only. do i have to select “format all+download”? if so will i loose everithings it’s on the watch now?

If with many correct attempts, download only don’t works, and if you really want to flash, its the only solution I found…and yes, its format everything.
In your case, that’s I should do.
Or may be try “firmware upgrade”

firmware upgrade i tried…but nothing. with format all+download will i loose just the apps and data…i mean, the watch will restart after that? thanks.

Normally, you will have your watch like after unboxing.

ok…trying right now . thanks

Partition [system] No image file Exist! That’s what i got clicking on format all+download

Its quite bizarre. However, download only should work.
Did you see somme videos about flashing with SPFT ?