Ticwris MAX S and KOSPET Note firmware thread-UPDATED

Just root? There are some apps that require root. I have the Ticwris Max rooted and I was to do some cool things. Titanium backup. BusyBox. Bottomsettings, etc. Just an added advantage to stretch the device further.

1 Like

@roosevelt_louis
Busybox is just a list commands that are used when you are in SU mode.
They are symbolic links to the root commands in the system.

What I am interested in is - what cool things were you able to achieve apart from backup?
Backup is fine using TWRP so Titanium is not really important.

I am very curious about what you think are the benefits of having root access?

This is a legitimate question.
I am gathering information and feedback on this subject.

Cheers

Soz for repeating question but I am so curious :grin:
Just want to know any chance of realeasing FAW version for kospet note?

No, no chance. Sorry.

1 Like

This better explains my reasons.

I thought Customs Roms would be a thing but not likely.
My focus is on battery life, device customization, removing unnecessary apps(wallpapers, music). I’m also a root freak. Phone,tablet,watch,“TV”. I’m an addict. Lol.

Super. But from where come this firmware ? There is no DM101 pro with Android 10 on the market actually…

I could tell you - but then I would have to kill you afterwards. :shushing_face: :wink:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: DM100 A10 possibilities

@G1NT0N1C :joy::joy::joy::joy:
That’s right lol

1 Like

Actually, the DM101 is just a name for the board and body design.
This firmware is for the exact same board but due to the shortage of new components, it was never used for an A10 model.
I don’t know if you have ever read the FAW international firmware release notes, but if you have, you can see that we have a relationship with the solution provider for all these watches.
This is why we work together - to provide customer support and a better firmware experience. :+1:

4 Likes

Hello!
I am using a MAX S daily as a standalone phone and as the android 10 upgrade is “at your own risk”, I’d like to know if anyone who upgraded could make a comparison between the a10 and a7.1.1 (speed, battery life, stability, app behaviour). I’m also using a floating toucher, a rotation manager and one more persistent app so I’d also be interested if a10 is as reliable as a7.1.1 in NOT killing those apps.
I know I could make these experiments myself, but since the watch is my daily driver, getting it wrong might be costly, so I’d rather ask for advice from more experienced/adventurous users before doing it.
TL;DR is the android 10 upgrade worth it?

1 Like

For me its a no brainer and it makes the watch complete . Apps are improved as most of the rotation issues are gone . Dont forget we tested this before release so feel to go for it . And dont forget to factory reset after installation

1 Like

I can’t be certain, but I thought there was an issue with floating touch app and Android 10…
Might be worth checking it out in the threads about the Prime 2 and other A10 watches.
I think Mr Ticks has mentioned it in his videos about A10, but can’t be sure because I don’t use it

3 Likes

https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.org/t/dm101-kospet-note-ticwris-max-s-faw-firmware/67713

So this file works on Max S and kospet note right?

@Armen_Tangyan this file does work on the Ticwris MAX-S and the Kospet Note, yes… I think that’s why I posted it here :thinking::joy::joy:

1 Like

I thought it would be different file for kospet note and dm101 just asked to be sure that I understood right

1 Like

No worries - I thought it was a trick question for a moment…lol
Yes - to be clear - the DM101 is the factory model name and then brands put their own name on it.
Like MAS-S or Note…
All good :+1:

1 Like

I tried flashing it, but I recieved errors both in FW upgrade mode and in download only In download only it was “PMT changed for the ROM it must be downloaded please select format all + download”, can’t remember the FW upgrade error but it was a short one.

1 Like

I will check the file again.
Don’t try anything else until I have verified it please.
Cheers

EDIT @legiona3r when did you download it?
I have set it to request permission to download and I did not get any request from you…?