Ticwris MAX S and KOSPET Note firmware thread-UPDATED

@promethian my Third party app switch was off, but screen is the same (reduced) size whether it is on or off.

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu, Thanks, i will install that APK

Hi again @Dr_Andy_Vishnu I installed that app, went through all your screenshots and mad the setting changes you indicated. Although the aps can rotate, in landscape mode, the full extents of the screen are not used. The native apps use the full extents, while the installed apps do not. You can see it in the attached pics, home and gallery (native apps) display larger that the third (downloaded). Any suggestions?

Unfortunately there is no solution for the original firmware. We’re sorry.

1 Like

Dito . As i already told him :wink:

1 Like

I’m asking here because there are firmware updates coming out for the MAX S but I wonder if security is being updated. Android 7 is no longer officially supported by Google.

I owned a Ticwris MAX that died and I want to replaced it with a MAX S since the compact size seems like an improvement and I like rectangular screens for wide app compatibility more than the round of the Prime. However, Prime offers Android 10 and there is a LEM MAX style model with Android 9 and 4GB RAM.

How much of a security risk is Android 7.1 on the Max S? Are security updates even a thing with these full android watch versions of Android?

If I authenticate lots of services with my private data on the watch, am I setting myself up to get hacked because of a lack of security updates?

I would consider buying a SIM to have LTE data directly to the watch so I could do things without tethering to my phone and I could use Google Talk to my phone’s Wifi hotsput to make calls so I don’t care as much about the tethered calling feature. The one thing I worry about is the security.

Like I said, I already owned a MAX and loved it except for the size which the S seems smaller enough to improve on, and the fact that it died for no apparent reason. MAX S is available on Alibaba for like $130 which is amazing value for a tiny wrist smartphone.

1 Like

No, that S999 is awful.
Everyone who was duped by it regrets it.
Looks good, feels good but it is rubbish

https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.org/t/difference-between-lokmat-s999-max-and-lemt/64681

LTE will only work on these if your service provider allows it.

They are perfectly capable of using LTE but it depends on your country and the service provider.

For example, in Australia you can use 4G but not volte or LTE unless your Sim provider allows unbranded devices on their LTE network. Unbranded by the Sim provider I mean.

My point is, make sure you test your Sim in a non provider branded device.

Hello,

Just finally got a a Ticwris Max S.
Is there a TWRP recovery.img and boot for the Max S smartwatch?

I’ve been trying to use the standard Ticwris Max but I’m stuck on a bootloop.

Why would you use the wrong firmware, for different hardware,. isn’t that bound to end bad ?
How about the firmware in the first post of this thread ?

Thanks for responding. I’m attempting to root it. That FW version is a standard stuck version. I’m just looking to root, basically.

Ok, that’s way out of my wishes or knowledge.

Ha!. No problem. Thanks

Thanks to all who helped with the above-mentioned display problem. I posted the resolution (I thought here, but maybe not) The software still has a round and square mode, and it iit is set to square, the display size reduces on some apps.

I am still wondering about my firmware question above. I followed the Mr.Ticks video & checked for latest OTA update. It says my firmware is up to date, but the version number is TICWRIS_MAX_S_V1.0_20200921W. Should I try & flash version 1.9 above?

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Yes . Flash the latest version but there isnt anything exciting about it

well, there’s no need for twrp if you only want to root it. just download the magisk apk from here: Release Magisk v24.3 · topjohnwu/Magisk · GitHub, install it on your watch, patch the boot image and flash it. If you have any trouble selecting the boot image, take a look at this thread: Root Lemfo Lem12

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try that

@roosevelt_louis I have to ask…
What are you hoping to do with root?
I am always interested :+1:

4 Likes

Just root? There are some apps that require root. I have the Ticwris Max rooted and I was to do some cool things. Titanium backup. BusyBox. Bottomsettings, etc. Just an added advantage to stretch the device further.

1 Like

@roosevelt_louis
Busybox is just a list commands that are used when you are in SU mode.
They are symbolic links to the root commands in the system.

What I am interested in is - what cool things were you able to achieve apart from backup?
Backup is fine using TWRP so Titanium is not really important.

I am very curious about what you think are the benefits of having root access?

This is a legitimate question.
I am gathering information and feedback on this subject.

Cheers

Soz for repeating question but I am so curious :grin:
Just want to know any chance of realeasing FAW version for kospet note?