Ticrwis MAX-S + Kospet Note - new rectangular model - official support thread

Send me your order details and email by sending me a personal message.
Just long press my avatar and you will be able to send me a message

Aliexpress for me

@sunpaladin
Send me your order details and email by sending me a personal message.
Just long press my avatar and you will be able to send me a message

1 Like

hi…here’s the difference between the MAX and the MAX s…

8 Likes

Great comparison :ok_hand:

Thanks for sharing. Could you tell us about your first impression?

i like it better than the MAX…i am a big guy (150kg) with huge wrists, but always found the Max a bit too big (especially for a rectangular watch)…the Max s is better proportioned and still a nice usable screen…i have the kospet prime 2 also on the way, so soon a third comparison…loved the lem X back in the day, so you never know…maybe back to a round watch…or both…or all three… :wink:

4 Likes

Great photo . Very helpfull :+1:

1 Like

Hi folks,

Here are my first impressions :

• very nice design, less “oversized look”.
  • run smooth.
  • pretty the same apps/launcher than Ticwris max.
  • no screen protector included in my box, hopefully they’ll add one (ou even two) in the future.
  • the loading pad is not fitting very easily on the backside, but it’s ok if you pay attention when loading.
  • the two buttons are at the opposite side, which i find less convenient to manipulate, even if it is for a good reason : the second camera. Well, we’ll have to get used with this.
  • the keyboard is of course smaller, but i still manage to write without doing too much mistakes. Any advice for a more suited keyboard?
  • by the way, when i took out the SIM card of my ticwris max, one of the screws was blocked by rust : i simply couldn’t unscrew it, even after using a special degrip oil and good screwdrivers ! Finally, i was forced to drill trough the screw to take it out ! I would therefore advice to, either screw it very tough (altough i’m a afraid it could damage the screw), either put some silicon to protect the screws from water / sweat.

Even with these remarks, i love this model and shall use it a lot (As my one and only phone), like i did for the ticwrismax / lemT before.

Nicolas

5 Likes

Yes, sweat can be a real problem.
I have used wax to cover the little screws in the past…
But only something you would do if you know what you are doing… Seriously

1 Like

You can install GBoard the Google keyboard, works good.

SwiftKey is better for this model

2 Likes

ok let’s try :slight_smile:
by the way, i look for a good old T9 keyboard… could make the typing easier and faster as well

Thx for the tips.

1 Like

With the new Prime 2, I am getting used to the big size and wondering if a rectangular watch after all would be better because of all the switching round/square display… After all very few apps are actually perfect for the round formfactor, as you learn when you start adding all your everyday apps, to replace using a smartphone on the side.
Does anyone have feedback on the screen sizeof Max-S compared with Prime 2 ? and other comparision ? What about Ticwris vs Kospet quality ?

1 Like

@Dotsfar
I really think it is too early to make any comparisons between these two.

Most people will not have both and a lot of stock is still on its way.

Obviously one is Android 7.1.1 and the other is Android 10.
Very different user experience overall…

I was thinking that, as I wrote my question - but I was also thinking that our leader may, as the only one, have had the opportunity to experience both :slight_smile:

i will have both soon…my prime 2 is on the way…i have to say it will have some big shoes to fill because i absolutely love my MAX/MAX S and this is greatly due to the rectangular screen…also the battery on these is unbeatable…i use it for 12 hours straight(heavy use…wifi on, bt on, data on), and still have more than 50% battery left)…everything looks normal and not cut-off…and personnaly i do not see much gain in android 10 aposed to 7.1 on a smartwatch level…i had a lemfo 12 pro for a couple of days and did not see any benifits compared to 7.1.1…but it is early days and i’m sure things wiil improve all around…we’ll see when the prime 2 gets here…

3 Likes

Yes, I guess I am asking about something only I can answer, since the form factor is a very personal taste. I have always found that a watch should be ROUND, but the more I try to use my Full Android watch for more purposes, I am slowly realizing that it is becoming more than a watch, and that for many purposes, the square screen is required to show all buttons on the screen - too much switching forth/back on the square/round button… Still I will appreciate replies to help me form my decision, should I try a square watch…
I am thinking - they are not that expensive, so why not just get one and decide for myself - perhaps I should put one on my xmas wishlist :slight_smile:

1 Like

i guess it depends what you expect from a watch…if you like a nice watchface then the rectangular ones are rare and far between,then you can not go wrong with round…me personnaly, as you can see in the picture, i have it set up in nova laucnher and it acts as a extension to my phone…my galaxy z fold 2 is set up as a wifi hotspot, and my watch is constantly connected to my phone thru wifi…i use the watch for all the same things i use my phone (google home, assistant, checking my cameras at home, facebook, messenger,etc…) when i cannot get the phone out…i am a busdriver, so for me it is easier to quickly glance on my watch then get my phone out…the watch has a simcard in as well, for the rare occasion i leave my phone at home, but that does not happen very often…

2 Likes