The Kospet PRIME Official post

I always have had connection error when try to update firmware.
Always updated with sp.
bye

Yes I had 1.7b in OTA after flash 1.6b manualy.

1 Like

Well I don’t know this problem at the Kospet prime, but maybe you should try the app “No LED MTK”.https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=24499762635999486

2 Likes

If this doesn’t work, you can went back to v.1.6b.

2 Likes

I get it while wearing my watch on my arm. This would be a strange time to get a full charge notification, so I doubt that is it.

3 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: A short how-to about arraytype 100

It really a strange OTA function these watches have:
To get 1.7B OTA, you need to first flash 1.6B, 1.5B will never see the update.

1 Like

I wrote to kospet for an explanation

2 Likes

Hello All,
I am looking for a new smartwatch (Current watch is a Samsung Gear S2). I have a few requirements and wonder if anyone can tell me if this Kospet Prime watch may fit the bill?

#1 I am left handed and wear my watches on the right arm. Can the Prime display be rotated 180 so the camera’s are positioned correctly when worn? If this is not a standard feature, then I did find a video which shows how to sideload an app which may be able to rotate a watch face and functionality. I don’t want to post a link if that is not allowed. If it is, I will be happy to though.

#2 I use the US Verizon Network. Does anyone know if the 4G Prime can work or be made to work with US Verizon?
Thanks so much

You can post a link, no problem at all. If you can’t post, the reason is that you are a new member. In this case, send me a PM with the link, I will add it.

1 Like

Thank you. This video shows an app which allows for android displays to be forced to rotate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytSqbKSQuKE . I do not know this person or if this is possible on other watches but, I found it interesting and may be helpful to any LEFTIES (Not Leftist’s :slight_smile: )…

1 Like

As far as Verizon goes this is a GSM watch and Verizon does not run the GSM network. Only AT&T and T-Mobile. T-Mobile is what I use via Speed Talk Sim Cards available on Amazon for about $5 for a 30 day renewable Sim Card. Other plans are also available.

Jonathan, thank you. I have struggled with the whole “GSM vs. CDMA” thing for many years. I understand they are different networks, what I don’t understand is why manufactures can’t put CDMA radios in their products if they can put GSM Radios in them. I feel like it is some kind of artificial lock by Verizon and there should be a hack or work-around.
The worst part is, I remain loyal to Verizon because they have never left me stranded and I haven’t minded their hardware choices. Although, when I want a watch (like the Prime) I can’t use it to it’s full potential.

Don’t know if you have checked with Verizon. I use to use them and had a Casio Rugged Phone that was both CDMA their primary and GSM so it could be used world wide. I had a Sim Card for the GSM function. I suspect because Casio pushed the phone to the military because they require tougher phones that it had to be GSM so it could be used world wide. GSM is the largest standard used all over the world.

This stuff should be moved to the watch face developing area.
This is way off topic.

When I am not working I will deal with it if it’s still here.

No offence but this is about “a” particular watch and these questions are relevant to all models.

3 Likes

36 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kospet Prime firmware

the new 1.8 update is flawless. Very good battery life as well. I use it with a sim and a wifi on all the time and it beats my Samsung Note 10 plus in terms of battery efficiency (standby time).
I still wanna know if any of you figured a way to charge it properly. I struggle every time I want to charge it to place it correctly on the charger, and even when I do, some weird things happen on the screen as if someone is touching it.

1 Like

The screen problems are a grounding problem that occurs with few watches. I recommend that you only charge your watch when it is switched off to avoid damaging the display.
I hold my Prime close to the dock and let the magnets pull the dock on. In most cases, this works well.
The charging contacts are a weak point in these watches.
But maybe we can enjoy wireless charging on our fullandroid watches sometime in the not too distant future…

4 Likes

I am left handed as well, and I had to get used to change my habits and wear the watch on the left arm cause from my searches I came to the conclusion that the apps that flip the screen will have a severe impact on battery life.
I’ll happily change opinion if you’re gonna try the app yourself!

1 Like

Hello, for another update firmawre, it’s possible to fix the enter button on keyboard AOSP ? because it’s very difficult to use it at this place or change the button for more big, please, thank you

2 Likes