Tag-Heuer Calibre 17 RS2 Ttitanium - KW88 Just finished building this watchface for zooper

Tag-Heuer Calibre 17 RS2 Ttitanium - KW88

Just finished building this watchface for zooper
It’s my first watchface I’ve build.
The graphics came from an already made watchface on the G+ Watchface community
It’s now after 3 at night. Ligjts out.
Going to post the Zooper template and credits to the original graphicsdesigner tomorrow.

Btw I left the secondhand in the 0 position. Zooper does not support seconds because on every programmed event in the widget, the entire widget is rendered as one bitmap before it’s projected on the desktop. Seconds would kill the performance of the watch.

The little left dial is the battery level in meter and text form.
The little right dial is the Wifi signal strength (0-9) and meter.
These can be changed if you want into cell strengt or whatever you’d like.

YOU ARE THE MAN! Im sure you will get this more and more as the day goes on. Finally we are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Is there any possible way to post either a video or an article with step by step instructions so we can also start enjoying all this hard work? Thanks a million and great work!!

@Kenneth_Tan_Fotograf Ahhh…
“on every programmed event in the widget, the entire widget is rendered as one bitmap before it’s projected on the desktop…”

KT, please tell me if I’ve understood this correctly… you have one “back” image (watch face)… 12 unique hour hand images and 60 unique minute hand images… ? So, for any given time three different images are “projected” onto the desktop?

It’s gotta smash the battery…?

how? please teach me

I think that KT means that the widget build an image wich is projected on the desktop.
Nice one by the way.

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 It’s NOT smashing the battery at all. YES it will call on some processing power when the clockface is generated (max 1x per minute) In between the minute trigger, your just watching a bitmap.
BUT… that might not be completely true…
I’ve implemented a wifi signal dial and that updates more frequently. So yes, there’s some extra processing power used in between minutes. I guess if I implement stepcounter or other “live” data this will also be the case.

But until now I haven’t noticed any significant loss in power. (like the always on dimmed display for Amoled :wink:

how to have it dial ? this is a widget ?

@Andrew_Davis Like your designs, the clockface is generated out of layers of data. Bitmaps, icons, rectangles, text etc…
Zooper takes these layers which also contain the programming on what to do with the layer and renders it into an image each time a trigger (caused by a rule in one of the layers) happens. This bitmap is then refreshed into the widget.
In between the triggers you’re just looking at a single layer bitmap.
There is no “second” trigger, by design, to prohibit designers to render widgets every second continuously. That would drain the power.
There are other triggers available though that are “live” and will trigger a new render of the layers into a bitmap (like the WiFi signal strength)

Question to ALL:
Remove the red second hand or keep it?

Remove it! :wink:

@Kenneth_Tan_Fotograf “red second hand” = remove…

Both, lol!! Excellent skills Kenneth :slight_smile:

@Kenneth_Tan_Fotograf “This bitmap is then refreshed into the widget.
In between the triggers you’re just looking at a single layer bitmap…”

Ah ha… so a second hand would need to be refreshed every second… but a minute hand only every minute… and a day dial only once a day…

Certain things could be big power drainers (seconds = agree)… but days, months, years, am/pm should be good…

@Andrew_Davis Don’t want to bother you but could you resend the Rio backplane again, but now with transparant background? That will make you watchface also usable for smartphones and other …Square… smartwatches…
And your name “legendary”

@Kenneth_Tan_Fotograf “Rio backplane again, but now with transparant background…”
Try these… some of the logos were on a white background and as they were small images it’s not easy to satisfactorily take the white away… I normally remove the white on a large image before I rescale it… you’ll probably be better off finding new/eplacement logos…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9c-vl8oxm2EZDZUdXlwWElGZzQ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9c-vl8oxm2ENlM3X3QxTHF5b0E/view?usp=sharing

@Andrew_Davis Andrew, almost there. Here the watchface.
I’ve changed two things:
Placed a fixed white background on the inner clockface and added a small shadow on the inner bezel to complement the shadows on the minute and hour hand.
And there’s a little problem/error. Can you spot it?

p.s. send me your email so we can handle some things between us…

@Kenneth_Tan_Fotograf “And there’s a little problem/error. Can you spot it?”

It looks good… I can’t see anything… erm, the date is a different colour…

How about the shadows on the hands?.. in CSM I’d set up the hands in two parts - the hand and the shadow… the shadow was 3 to 5 pixels lower than the hand… as if a light source was at the 12 o’clock point… each hand had a different shadow “depth” to indicate that it was fractionally further away from the clock face…

can we also get this file?