Suggestion Required - Looking for an Android Smartwatch

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum.  Looking for an Android Smartwatch.

Budget aroud - 100$

Looking for -

• Calling facility
  • Wifi
  • Camera
  • Good battery life
  • Dial skin changing options.

Regards.                

Jan 26, 2018 13:37:42 GMT 1 Deepak said:
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum.  Looking for an Android Smartwatch.

Budget aroud - 100$

Looking for -

• Calling facility
  • Wifi
  • Camera
  • Good battery life
  • Dial skin changing options.

Regards.                

Thought someone should respond. What you ask is more a matter of opinion of the current user, everyone will tell your their watch is the best. So I have another suggestion, especially for new lookers, like yourself. There are several watches listed on this forum that meet your criteria. I myself own several and hands down prefer the I4 Air over the H1, H2, Zeblaze Thor and LES 1 that I have owned. All of which would meet your criteria. The I4 Air does not fulfill everyone's needs or wants.  So my suggestion is for you make a list of watches on this forum and to subscribe to "Smartwatch Ticks" channel on YouTube. Here is a link to his page: SmartWatch Ticks. (Select his video option) He has good reviews on every watch listed in this forum and many more. He probably offers the best review and  overall description of what these watches do and how to use them. By doing so you will actually save yourself time and grief from buying the wrong watch. As far as "Good battery life" goes, I get good battery life from most of my watches and think it is more a matter of "Good battery management" than anything else. You cannot run Wi-Fi, GPS, Data, BT, Gesture, Full Bright Screen most of the time, even when not needing it and expect to get good battery life but some apparently try. I usually average about 20 to 30 hours or more on a full charge managing the battery use and I find that acceptable for these devices.

Suggest you might start here:

Thanks for the reply mate.

I have already subscribed to the channel that you have mentioned. And even watched the detailed reviews of the watches that I thought fall in the category that I am looking for.

I have Zeblaze Thor S in my mind.

Just wanted to know, if there is any other way home in the same segment with better battery that is giving - good camera, calling, wifi and dial skin changing options?

Please suggest some considering the above…

Thanks in advance.

Someone please suggest…

Jan 27, 2018 12:10:11 GMT 1 Deepak said:
Someone please suggest…

consider the H2 it is a great watch with great battery life and gps works just fine and it has bt calls app and i use it 24hrs with 3g and gps 24\7 on and wifi and bt when needed. 

Jan 27, 2018 12:10:11 GMT 1 Deepak said:
Someone please suggest…

Deepak this is a good example of what I was saying. Sonia loves her H2. The BT call feature did not work well in my H2 and it went back in the box and I am back using my I4 Air as my primary watch, which does not have the BT call app installed. Instead I use the KW18, it is a KingWear watch but does not have the Android OS, when I want a BT tethered watch. It works flawless in this regard. Sonia has said she doesn’t normally use the BT call feature so she I would think she is not concerned if it works well or not. My only point is I would tread carefully about personal recommendations people provide about “their” watch. I have bought several, early on, based on people’s recommendations and have been disappointed. I eventually learned to do more research and the I4 Air was my pick and I have not regretted the decision.

I understand what you are saying.

BTW - what do you guys think about Zeblaze Thor S?

Jan 27, 2018 15:15:27 GMT 1 Deepak said:
I understand what you are saying.

BTW - what do you guys think about Zeblaze Thor S?

I had a ZeBlaze Thor and considered it an OK watch. I didn't care much for the Standard launcher setup. I tried Eric's launcher but it was sometimes unstable in my watch and often had to go back to the poor standard launcher. I have never had my hands on a Thor S so I can't speak on the operation of the watch itself. I have watch Mr. Ticks review and my only comment is if you do a lot of video calling the front facing camera would be hard to beat. I personally won't make any recommendations about a watch up or down that I haven't owned.

Will look at the I4 Air and H2.

And will come back.

Thanks.

I4 Air looks more promising to me…

Leave the technical part, the screws on the H2 looks bad.

Heading for a detailed review of I4 Air.

Ok.

I have filtered two -

• I4 Air
  • ALLCALL W1 (Bluetooth calling is possible… but no camera)

Do we actually need a Camera?

Which one you guys would suggest?

Jan 27, 2018 19:09:58 GMT 1 Deepak said:

camera is just stupid thing to have on a watch in my opinion, never have used it. the i4 air and the w1 are two great watches any of them you'll choose is a great choice.

capt jon , why did you go back to the i4 air? do you have problems with the H2? 

Which one you would choose BTW I4 Air and All Call W1?

I am also thinking camera would be useless… Secondly, the Bluetooth calling option of W1 would be useful…

Jan 27, 2018 19:20:52 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 27, 2018 19:09:58 GMT 1 Deepak said:

camera is just stupid thing to have on a watch in my opinion, never have used it. the i4 air and the w1 are two great watches any of them you’ll choose is a great choice.

capt jon

, why did you go back to the i4 air? do you have problems with the H2? 

I could not get the BT call on the H2 to work properly. For what I use a smartwatch for the I4 Air is so much better than the H2. I also went back to my KW18 when I need a watch with the BT call feature. It works with no issues. For now I will not upgrade my I4 Air with the BT call because if it does not work well I do not have any other firmware to flash back to the watch. I also tried the BT call on my Thor, before it died, and it also had some very minor issues. Overall I am undecided on the BT call app. It did not work as well as the true tethering watches like the KW18. I think having used the KW08 and KW18 tethering watches my expectations for the BT call app were too high.

Jan 27, 2018 19:33:03 GMT 1 Deepak said:
Which one you would choose BTW I4 Air and All Call W1?

I am also thinking camera would be useless… Secondly, the Bluetooth calling option of W1 would be useful…

i have the bt calls app on my kw99 and honestly i do’nt use it cos i have a bt headset so i use this for reply calls.

I have ruled out H2 purely on look basis. And obviously, looks matters here…lol

I am left with I4 Air or W1.

Just pick one for me… Too much confused. At times I feel camera is useless and at times I have a feeling that it should have one… Secondly, does that Bluetooth calling enables tethering?

So just help me on this -

• I4 Air or W1
  • Any other better option?

Jan 28, 2018 2:11:19 GMT 1 Deepak said:
I have ruled out H2 purely on look basis. And obviously, looks matters here…lol

I am left with I4 Air or W1.

Just pick one for me… Too much confused. At times I feel camera is useless and at times I have a feeling that it should have one… Secondly, does that Bluetooth calling enables tethering?

So just help me on this -

• I4 Air or W1
  • Any other better option?

The BT call does enable tethering but not as stable as the true tethering watches like the KW18. With a true tethering watch like the KW18 the BT call function is incorporated with the phone function on the watch. They work together. Example when you enter a phone number on the dial pad or from the phones “phone book” you have the option of either making the call from the Local (sim card)  or your Phone (BT), by selecting the desired function on the screen. 

With the BT call app if functions as a separate function independent from the phone app. It has its own phone book and BT connection. And generally, with my experience this is where the problems arise. If you lose the BT connection you may loose all the functions, i.e. phone book, call log and have to constantly redo everything. Even if you have a BT connection the BT call app may require you to connect/reconnect it also. If the BT call app disconnects while the watch is asleep it will not respond to a call until you alert the watch and it either connects automatically or you make the connection. With the tethering watch those functions are never lost when BT is lost or turned off as it is not a separate function from the watch calling feature and only one BT connection is required to operate.

Also the BT call app has, in a lot of cases, caused repeated dropped connection problems with several of the tethering apps like Watch Droid. I finally had to just use Wii-Watch for tethering to my S7, which is not nearly as useful as Watch Droid but did maintain a better connection than Watch Droid. With Watch Droid now having the ability to respond to texts right from the watch, it is hard to accept Wii-Watch as the only semi-functioning tethering app.

Aside: Sorry, since I have never used the W1 I cannot honestly compare the two.

For a similar price, which one would you pick?

Allcall W1 or Microwear H2?

Jan 29, 2018 5:43:34 GMT 1 boscomoney said:
For a similar price, which one would you pick?

Allcall W1 or Microwear H2?

Personally I have an H2 and would not buy it again. As I said I bought it primarily because it offered the BT call feature and as documented in this forum, “my” watch did not perform satisfactorily. I think that a person who exercises a lot would benefit from the H2 as it is geared towards this type of individual, not a senior citizen, like me. I know little about the Allcall W1 but just looking at the pictures that style watch does not appeal to me. I like the simpler, cleaner look of the I4, Thor and Les 1 as an example. To me the two important things about a watch are its appeal and how will it benefit or help me. I don’t walk around all day with my phone in my hand and simply want an extension of my phone, on my wrist, to make life easier.

Jan 29, 2018 15:03:43 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Jan 29, 2018 5:43:34 GMT 1 boscomoney said:

true, it is actually about your needs, as for me i do want a smartwatch with android for working out i mainly bought it for this reason and i prefer as you to leave my phone behind and use only the watch i had sport watches before but none has offered me what the full android watch gives me even my gear s3 is not enough in my opinion. i love the H2 but the most important thing to me it lacks and it is water proof it is'nt ip67 or ip68 and it already has corrosion and i want to buy new one if i wo'nt be able to fix the one i have but i do prefer if they'll upgrade it to one that can be used for working out with out this problem that even sweat can damage the watch.