Storage problem kw 88

I have bought my kw88 from gearbest and the free space in around 900mb but a collegue of mine has bought it from aliexpress and he has around 1,4gb free space.Both of them are having the latest update and erics launcer on it.Why mine has so less storage free?Any idea how i can free more space?I tried cache etc but still is around 900mb.

May 7, 2017 13:21:14 GMT 1 djthunder said:
I have bought my kw88 from gearbest and the free space in around 900mb but a collegue of mine has bought it from aliexpress and he has around 1,4gb free space.Both of them are having the latest update and erics launcer on it.Why mine has so less storage free?Any idea how i can free more space?I tried cache etc but still is around 900mb.

you can reset the watch but better to flash the stock rom again and it will clean up everything on the watch. clean rom:)  i hope they did'nt sell you a used watch, becuase it should not be only 0.9gb that means that there are unused folders from previos use which are not always deleted when the watch is reseted.

May 7, 2017 15:17:48 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

May 7, 2017 13:21:14 GMT 1 djthunder said:

you can reset the watch but better to flash the stock rom again and it will clean up everything on the watch. clean rom:) 
i hope they did’nt sell you a used watch, becuase it should not be only 0.9gb that means that there are unused folders from previos use which are not always deleted when the watch is reseted.

Thanks for the tip!No, i dont think that was used because i had checked all the folders inside and i didnt found anything else except only the necessary folders.Also im having issues with the pedometer and the wrist wake up.After sometime, both of them stop to work(after an hour or sometimes after 10 minutes).So i guess a clean instalation maybe will help me to solve those problems.

May 8, 2017 20:38:44 GMT 1 djthunder said:

May 7, 2017 15:17:48 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
you can reset the watch but better to flash the stock rom again and it will clean up everything on the watch. clean rom:) 
i hope they did’nt sell you a used watch, becuase it should not be only 0.9gb that means that there are unused folders from previos use which are not always deleted when the watch is reseted.

Thanks for the tip!No, i dont think that was used because i had checked all the folders inside and i didnt found anything else except only the necessary folders.Also im having issues with the pedometer and the wrist wake up.After sometime, both of them stop to work(after an hour or sometimes after 10 minutes).So i guess a clean instalation maybe will help me to solve those problems.

if you can upload watch info to see the rom on it and the date will be great, if the problems will continue after flashing that means you have a hardware problem.

May 8, 2017 22:08:25 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

May 8, 2017 20:38:44 GMT 1 djthunder said:

if you can upload watch info to see the rom on it and the date will be great, if the problems will continue after flashing that means you have a hardware problem.

Yes sure .Here you are!I would like if you could gimme a link or a video how i could do the flashing of the rom please.

Attachments:

djthunder

See the video in my post here:

greets

pego2007

May 8, 2017 22:49:02 GMT 1 djthunder said:

May 8, 2017 22:08:25 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
Yes sure .Here you are!I would like if you could gimme a link or a video how i could do the flashing of the rom please.

the other video is too long:) try this

May 9, 2017 8:42:27 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

May 8, 2017 22:49:02 GMT 1 djthunder said:

the other video is too long:) try this

The rom etc etc ?I have to search on the forum or at google?Did you see anything wrong with my rom?

@ djthunder

If you open the video in my link in YouTube you can see the link for firmware in description.

Take for KW 88 the last release. It works very good

greets

pego2007

May 9, 2017 19:21:12 GMT 1 djthunder said:

May 9, 2017 8:42:27 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

The rom etc etc ?I have to search on the forum or at google?Did you see anything wrong with my rom?

no, you have the latest update but mostly with SW problems reseting is’nt enough and flashing does fix this kind of problems.

May 9, 2017 21:04:39 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

May 9, 2017 19:21:12 GMT 1 djthunder said:

no, you have the latest update but mostly with SW problems reseting is’nt enough and flashing does fix this kind of problems.

Thanks a lot for the help. I’ll try tonight to do what you have told me.

May 10, 2017 19:26:20 GMT 1 djthunder said:

May 9, 2017 21:04:39 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Thanks a lot for the help. I’ll try tonight to do what you have told me.

I had flashed it into the latest rom.The space was now 1.67gb left but after I had installed viber, YouTube and the maps got an update the space that was left is about 800mb and I think was OK. My issue that is related to Pedometer and wrist wake up screen are remaining the same :/. Probably a defected hardware?Should I return it back to gearbest?

djthunder

If you have Erics Launcher, then you must power up wrist up in normally launcher and power on in Erics. Both are not working together. To test pedometer you can take google fit.

greets

pego2007

May 11, 2017 12:19:25 GMT 1 pego2007 said:djthunder

If you have Erics Launcher, then you must power up wrist up in normally launcher and power on in Erics. Both are not working together. To test pedometer you can take google fit.

greets

pego2007

Yes, i know that .I already did that when i had installed the Erics Launcher!!The problem is estimated on the moving sensor i guess of the watch.I will give you an example to understand beeter.Today,i switch on my kw88 after 10 minutes when i wanted to see ,what time is it .I raised my hand and i got a white screen and then the wake up screen and the pedometer stopped to work.Thats the issue that i am getting and i have to reboot the watch to start all over.But it doesnt last long, again the same issue pop up.Now,its like from 14:00 and still works but  i had that also in the past one day to work or half day and after nothing.

djthunder

Have you flashed the firmware only or have you all formatted and then flashed? For me it works very better as i have format the watch and then flash the firmware.I have done it with flashtool, see attachment.

greets

pego2007

Attachments:

May 11, 2017 20:39:24 GMT 1 pego2007 said:djthunder

Have you flashed the firmware only or have you all formatted and then flashed? For me it works very better as i have format the watch and then flash the firmware.I have done it with flashtool, see attachment.

greets

pego2007

I have done it with formatting.But whats the difference ?After all is formatted after the flash of the rom!

May 11, 2017 20:50:17 GMT 1 djthunder said:
May 11, 2017 20:39:24 GMT 1 pego2007 said:djthunder

greets

pego2007

I have done it with formatting.But whats the difference ?After all is formatted after the flash of the rom!

NO, not good you can lose the imei as happened to me with the D5, you only need to flash the rom you do’nt need to format the watch because flashing will erase the watch of everything it is better than reseting the watch because it delete every file on it. make sure you did’nt lose the imei.

May 11, 2017 21:52:53 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

May 11, 2017 20:50:17 GMT 1 djthunder said:

NO, not good you can lose the imei as happened to me with the D5, you only need to flash the rom you do’nt need to format the watch because flashing will erase the watch of everything it is better than reseting the watch because it delete every file on it. make sure you did’nt lose the imei.

Sorry, mistyped. I did it without formatting it. I had only flashed it. Today it count 88 steps, then I got a white screen and boom. I v done 3 reboots but nothing. I do get some crash reports from the watch faces. I think is related to the problem. I have the feeling that the software is the problem because I’m getting a crash error of the face skin but not at my screen, it’s at the default folder of the Smartwatch. Does that rings a bell?

May 12, 2017 9:19:00 GMT 1 djthunder said:

May 11, 2017 21:52:53 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sorry, mistyped. I did it without formatting it. I had only flashed it. Today it count 88 steps, then I got a white screen and boom. I v done 3 reboots but nothing. I do get some crash reports from the watch faces. I think is related to the problem. I have the feeling that the software is the problem because I’m getting a crash error of the face skin but not at my screen, it’s at the default folder of the Smartwatch. Does that rings a bell?

does this happen also with stock watchfaces?

May 12, 2017 15:25:44 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

May 12, 2017 9:19:00 GMT 1 djthunder said:

does this happen also with stock watchfaces?

I havent tried that yet but i had a thought also that probably the cause is related to the face skins.I will have a look and i will let you know.