Standalone ClockSkin engine APK

Here is version 1.2 of the standalone SkinClock APK.

It is useful on some smartwatch which don’t have the clockskin engine of the No.1 D5 (like KW88), or simply to put on your phone your favorite skins !

Tutorial on uploading skins on your watch/phone :
plus.google.com/+LokifishMarz/posts/SgSiRjrzE8c

What works :

• any clokskin of the D5, or other compatible skins done by the wonderful clockSkinMaker application.
  • pedometer should work
  • scaling size should be correct : but in order to solve some special issues you can switch between scales just by touching the screen

What does not :

• Widget is not working.

• heartrate

• meteo (as on the D5 FW)

To be noted : first time you long click on the clock it will open the gallery and ask for SD card permission.
When permission granted, you have to close the gallery and open it again to see the installed skins.

version 1.2 (stable)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71TjhQYkdpd0g3Wkk

without touch for scaling option (autoscaling only) :
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71VDZlOS1ZR0NIdmc

version 1.3 with widget support (included double tap to rescale).
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71dzFqci1lQzZpMjQ

Eric, thank you very much for your work! You have opened up new horizons in the clock. Tell me please, can I share your program (MyClockskin) to other resources with reference to you?

Hi Jam, you can share link to this post, but not direct download links.
Thanks

Sorry my bad English. I think then understand that you can use in kw88?

On any android in fact, just try it.

Eric, can we make a change of the dial scale not one but two taps on the screen? Often, a single press of happens by chance and that creates a problem.

Eric, and another question: Is it possible to connect to your excellent program and the weather sensor heart rate?

How far away are you from making widget support work? I ask because the watches are at kind of a crossroads. They either need widget capable watchfaces and a custom luncher made or a standalone launcher that support faces.

Does this one get D5’s ClockSkin into .apk for other watches? If the answer is YES, can you make a reversal fro Androidwear watch.apk into D5’s ClockSkin?

Oct 21, 2016 14:59:19 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
How far away are you from making widget support work? I ask because the watches are at kind of a crossroads. They either need widget capable watchfaces and a custom luncher made or a standalone launcher that support faces.

Probably not far, but i still don't have it right, would need a little help.
Oct 21, 2016 14:28:57 GMT 1 jam said:
Eric, and another question: Is it possible to connect to your excellent program and the weather sensor heart rate?

Most of this will be integrated in the launcher version i hope.
Oct 23, 2016 4:56:45 GMT 1 xgamer123 said:
Does this one get D5's ClockSkin into .apk for other watches? If the answer is YES, can you make a reversal fro Androidwear watch.apk into D5's ClockSkin?

android wear is not android, things are not compatible. sadly...

Widget is working now, but refresh is an issue, it consumes CPU, even If the widget is not visible. Not very cool.
Oct 25, 2016 7:36:31 GMT 1 ricktop said:

Widget is working now, but refresh is an issue, it consumes CPU, even If the widget is not visible. Not very cool.

What’s your refresh rate? If you haven’t tried it already, drop it to 1 FPS.

Oct 25, 2016 7:36:31 GMT 1 ricktop said:

Where the widget can be downloaded to test?

I’ve uploaded the 1.3 beta on the main post with widget support.
Refresh time is 1s for battery saving.
When clicking on the widget it opens the clockskin app that will let you choose the skin.

Note : The widget will turn off with the off button of the phone, but will remain updating when using another app…

Tested succesfully on my Honor7 (android 6.0)

It seems that it is using ~120mAh per 1hr for Analog clock and ~85mAh for Digital clock on my OP3(Android 6.0) with Screen Always ON, no matter if it is using the widget or if you are just using the app the result is the same.

That doesn’t look like battery’s draining for me, almost any app uses 10mAh per 5min. of use on my phone analisys, which is like the same ~120mAh.

Only problem I found with widget is that if you close the app in background then the widget stops working.

Yes with android above 4.4, more and more control is done by the OS on the widget to lower the consumption, and keep a widget updating this frequently is difficult…

For the widget, Hidden persistent notification would be away around that, another might be administrator rights permissions. Beyond the widget locking up issue, the only unlisted issue I noticed scaling is different depending on the watch and how it scales the launcher. I think this is more a ppi issue. I’ll update this post with some pics, or maybe a video.

Either way, face creation is far easier than the apk method and open up over 300 usable faces for the KW/I2/Clones. The only suggestion I can make is make face changing a long press, tap to change is the same reason why my Urbane LTE running Wear 2.0 is sitting in a drawer.

Does it works with the iqi i2?