Sorry for the absence and the wait

I’ve been meaning to finish the watchface I had posted in WIP. I have been unable to get any work done as my cousin passed away last weekend. Her funeral was yesterday. She was 37. She was at dinner and started choking on some food. Either no one was able or willing to perform the heimlich maneuver until over 10 minutes had passed and the people with her located an ambulance and some paramedics. She had some brain activity when she developed a blood infection. Later that night her organs started failing and she passed. It was so sudden that I am still trying to process that she’s gone. We haven’t been really close since our family moved across the country, but we were closer in our childhood. She left behind 4 children, one of which is supposed to graduate high school in June of next year.
I just haven’t been in the right mindset to work on any faces. I should be getting back to making faces soon, but for the time being, when I’m on, I’m probably just gonna be commenting on watchfaces. I hope y’all understand. Any prayers for her and my family as we deal with this would be greatly appreciated, but not expected. I really care for this community and wish I could do and submit more. Y’all really helped me out mentally when I almost lost 2 of my sons to a drowning incident. At some point I want to do a woman’s watch face in tribute to her. I am planning on something loosely inspired by the Hublot limit edition animal print line. She was kind of a diva, so that’s the direction I want to go.I guess that’s it for now. Thanks for your understanding and support.

5 Likes

Hi Nicholas, I think I can safely say that the majority of the Forum members would join me in extending to you and your family our deepest sympathy for your recent loss. On a personal level I can fully appreciate the episode that you have described because the same thing happened to me a number of years ago…fortunately for me there was a guy close by who immediately performed the Heimlich maneuver on me and, in doing so, saved my life. But again, my deepest sympathy mate. Ross

6 Likes

I am lost for words @Nicholas_Herczeg
Please accept my deepest sympathy for the terrible situation that you are experiencing.
Our thoughts are with you in this very difficult time. :rose::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:
Take care and best wishes to you and your family. :handshake::handshake:

4 Likes

Thats terrible news Nicholas . Our thoughts are with you all . Take care and keeping going mate

4 Likes

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, what a terrible event and at a much too young age. Please accept my deepest sympathy, I feel for you and your family.

2 Likes