Sinwear / Wiiwear for android 7?

Aug 24, 2017 14:30:40 GMT 1 tones said:
Yeah. Several times. Factory Reset phone, reset watch. Not sure there's any point in trying any other apps when the Bluetooth won't stay connected?

Other Bluetooth devices connect w/o probs to phone? Can you try pairing something with watch and see if it’s stable?
Try to pinpoint if the problem is on watch or phone. It just might get easier to solve

Aug 24, 2017 15:31:30 GMT 1 nameless said:
Aug 24, 2017 14:30:40 GMT 1 tones said:
Yeah. Several times. Factory Reset phone, reset watch. Not sure there's any point in trying any other apps when the Bluetooth won't stay connected?

Other Bluetooth devices connect w/o probs to phone? Can you try pairing something with watch and see if it's stable? Try to pinpoint if the problem is on watch or phone. It just might get easier to solve

its a nightmare this. Other devices stay connected to the watch no problem. They also stay connected to the phone. They wont connect to eachother.

I tried BLE scanner app on my phone. It says connected, but not bonded?? the phones bluetooth settings dont show it as connected, but the watch then shows the connected icon. Wiiwear of course still crashes. Wiiwatch still doesn’t see the watch even when they watch has the connected icon.

tones if you’re not scared and don’t need watch camera than flash system.img user.img and cache.img from KW98 firmware (you can find it in Firmware section). I’m using this for some time now and had no probs connecting to WiiWatch (at the moment I’m using Watch Droid Assistant also without probs)

Well i had a go at it. Tried flashing it with SP Flash tool but i get error “can not pass bootrom start command” when i do the readback. Do i flash these any differently?

WatchDroid if you are using Android handet is 100% the way to go.

tones differently from what?
Download latest firmware for KW88 and KW98. Unpack both. Fire SP Flash Tool, open scatter file from KW88 firmware, deselect preloader, click on system.img and choose system.img from KW98. Power off your watch. Do not connect it to computer yet. Click on Download button in SP Flash Tools and THEN connect watch. Wait till it’s finished. Power on your watch.

Hmm… You might flash KW88 firmware first and see if the problem still exists before going to KW98 firmware. I’d recommend it that way even
N.

Thanks for the help. Had a real mixed bag of results.

Flashed the firmware as per your instructions above. Kept failing at 95% but then strangely booted up and all was working. Wiiwatch did connect, but couldnt get notifications. No notification menu in the settings, sure it was there previously. Music control worked though. problem was when i lost bluetooth connection, i needed to reboot both devices to get them to connect again.

Just installed Watchdroid and im trying that out. Thought it was going to be the same, bluetooth kept disconnecting and Watchdroid had a “broken pipe” error. But it kept connecting automatically and has now stayed connected. Notifications coming through, so fingers crossed im getting somewhere now.

Cheers again for the help.