SB The latest study with a transparent ring

The latest study with a transparent ring. I’ll try to come up with something new again.
WFD only

clock_skin_model

2 Likes

I really like that “Transparent ring” Bohuslav ! :+1: :+1: That could be used on a wide variety of different face to give them all a great looking extra effect. This face is…as all yours are…super easy to read at a glance :+1: Cheers, Doons

I’m not against anyone using the idea. Thanks for the compliment!

Your more than welcome mate! :+1: :+1: :grin: As I said, I can see it being used on a number of different watch faces…all to good effect! Say Bohuslav…if you have an “Antique” look watch face…pocket watch style…lets say the dial was a faded cream colour…could that ring be a little darker but still transparent? Or perhaps the face is a little darker and the ring is a lighter shade of the face colour…you know, not exactly “Transparent” but not completely opaque? I only ask because I think a “Two tone” effect using the ring would look interesting. Cheers, Doons

That would probably try. The problem is that it cannot be used as a ‘slide’ but only as a ring or the like. If you make a round through the entire dial, either everything is under it as in a fog, or you have to make it transparent so that the round is lost. And when you put two rings on top of each other and make them transparent, you just mix a different color. I’ll try something else, but I don’t think there’s much that can be done about it. Or I can’t do it yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Bohuslav, Yes I meant it to be only an “Outer” ring as it is on this face to try and get a “Two tone” effect from it, I just thought it might be interesting to see a different tint to a face around the edge, but still be able to see the hand and numbers under it. Anyway, your the expert mate :+1: Cheers, Doons

1 Like

@Bohuslav_BalakThank you looks great on my LEM X