Q7 / S1 or Q7+ / S1+ ?

Hi,

I am yet undecided about the choice between the “old” and new version of these watches. I am most concerned about battery life, and leaning towards the “old” model because of their dual core cpu, assuming this requires less power and thus give a longer lasting battery. Is the theory backed up by real life experience of owners of these models? And if I buy the “old” model, will I be missing out on important features and/or bugfixes that are in the new model?

I’d love to hear from old/new model owners how the feel about these topics. Which is overall the best buy?

My “old” Q7 has some problems with the battery it drains very fast. But there is anyway a lot more wrong with the watch, like heart rate is not working etc. I think it is not a problem from the watch, it is the poor quality from the seller.

Nov 24, 2017 21:57:04 GMT 1 appie said:
Hi,

I am yet undecided about the choice between the “old” and new version of these watches. I am most concerned about battery life, and leaning towards the “old” model because of their dual core cpu, assuming this requires less power and thus give a longer lasting battery. Is the theory backed up by real life experience of owners of these models? And if I buy the “old” model, will I be missing out on important features and/or bugfixes that are in the new model?

I’d love to hear from old/new model owners how the feel about these topics. Which is overall the best buy?

ask sonia about it. she stayed long time with the mtk6572 while she also said, better battery life, but now she also uses mtk6580.

maybe times changed already and the newer ones now better?

Well, I have read reports that e.g. the W1 barely lasts a full day. That doesn’t impress me…

Nov 24, 2017 21:57:04 GMT 1 appie said:
Hi,

it is all about usage, my s1 can last full day with 3g always on and gps on for many hours more then 10hrs and notifications, i do’nt let the screen turns on when i have notifications because this does drains the battery faster, but i also have the H2 which is way better watch then the s1 and has great battery life with 3g and gps always on i get more then a day of usage and with bt on for about 2hrs and wifi for also about 2hrs i get a full 24hrs the best watch i have had so far, the w1 is a good watch also it up to how you are using it to have good battery life, i never let the watch or apps to do updates or auto synchronization and i get great battery life, i use m2d and pushbullet for notifications and use jogtracker for working out and still get a full day of usage.

Nov 24, 2017 23:17:53 GMT 1 hans65 said:
My “old” Q7 has some problems with the battery it drains very fast. But there is anyway a lot more wrong with the watch, like heart rate is not working etc. I think it is not a problem from the watch, it is the poor quality from the seller.

true, btw, the last big update that is about 60mb did’nt do cos i’ve noticed that battery life does’nt last as i use it. so i do’nt do the update.