Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

3 Likes

Unfortunately you can’t recommend this because it is not public and the beta testing is over.
I don’t know how many times I have to say this, but I will publish the Release Candidate as soon as I have access to my pc.

Here in Australia we have been smashed with 13 meter deep water and I can only apologise for what seems like an endless stream of problems that have slowed me down.

But on the other hand, no one is gonna die if it has been delayed.
So I’m not gonna lose sleep over it.

When I’m ready there will be an announcement and a new category.

Cheers
Pablo11

3 Likes

Let’s please keep this about support for the device in its stock form
Not forgetting the title of this thread…

By the way

3 Likes

Thank you very much Pablo11!

It is an irony and a great metaphor:
In the circumstances in which you and your country are, you find solutions even for what happens in these smart watches and make our lives even more comfortable than it already is.

Thank you for fighting, for fixing, for moving forward despite the difficulties with your health and the elements of nature.

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: FAW release candidate v1.3

So I finally bought an Optimus 2 about a month ago and it finally arrived about a week ago.

Finally got some time to test it out yesterday. After fully charging it and using it for a few hours yesterday evening (fairly heavy usage, with several hours Wifi hotspot), I switched it to “lite” mode before bed when it was on about 35% battery. I did not connect it to the charger, as I wanted to see how long standby would last in lite mode.

This morning the battery had run out. I’ve been attempting to charge it with a 5V 3A charger for over 12 hours now, and I still don’t see the blue charging battery animation on the screen. I just tried to turn it on. It responded, but after the startup sequence it showed zero % and immediately shut down again. I reconnected the charging cable and still the charging animation does not show.

This is very disappointing for a brand new watch. Is there any recourse other than sending it back for a replacement?

I would personally charge it using a pc USB port.
Not a 3amp phone charger.
Then if the problem persists send it back.
Kospet are actually very good after sales service and also have European warehouses.

As I have explained several times, lite mode is absolutely pointless.
Don’t use it. It’s the same launcher and operating system but just hides some items from the main menu…

If your battery is still a problem then you can use the chat option on the official Kospet Aliexpress store or email them with proof of purchasing to after-sales@kospet.com

By the way, the download section is a category.
It shows up the same as all the others if you are level one.

By the way, the download section is a category.
It shows up the same as all the others if you are level one.
You are level 2, so no problem

Sent an email to that address on Sunday and still no reply. Ditto for the pop-up chat on the official site (kospet.com). I can’t seem to find any chat option on their Aliexpress store.

Is there a number I can call? Official Wechat?

Hello everybody I have been really happy with my O2 but recently discover thay it always shows up as a bluetooth discoverable device even with the bluetooth off. If the watch is not on airplane mode it always appears as a discoverable bluetooth devic by the name “WATCH 2” or “Optimus 2”. I think it is a waste of energy since I always use it as an srand alone device maybe somebody know what is going on? maybe it is the lower Soc?

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: FAW release candidate 1 v1.3

Yes, it is the BT service that runs all the time on the dual chip watches.
The BT chip is always running as a BLE service and therefore uses almost no power.
Don’t worry about it

1 Like

@Nadeem_Shahzad
Your post should be here - so here it is:
Got myself treated with Kospet optimus 2 , and its my 1st smart watch, i have been fan of
Big face and heavy watch like Nixon 51-30 , and smartwatch seems like a toy i mean very light so i have changed my strap with stainless Steel which made watch looks better,
Is there way to use Bluetooth calling feature on this watch without adding a sim card? :thinking:
I think this is the only feature i am missing in this watch other than that it is a cool watch
Kind regards Nadeem

The answer is no.
Bluetooth calling is not possible for any Android watches after Android v5.

2 Likes

@Rohit_Bhandari
Posting your question here because I don’t answer PMs for general enquiries.
Sir my Optimus2 freezed I think water gets inside. What I do sr? Touch not working.

@Rohit_Bhandari
Why do you think water got inside?
Usually if water got in, the watch would have more problems than just no touch working.

because in morning the grass was wet I was doing exercise I don’t know what happened but after that watch gets freezed.

You can try putting your watch in a small air tight bag with a cup of long grain rice (raw rice grains) and leave it in the bag and seal it.
Keep the sealed bag containing the watch and rice, in a warm place.
Gently lift the camera module so that it is facing forward - this helps any moisture evaporate and be absorbed by the rice.
This can take a few days, and it definitely helps if it is in a warm (not hot) place.

If it got wet, it is surprising that the watch remains powered on…
So there is a chance that it is not moisture inside.
Usually you will see condensation in the camera lens - if there is moisture inside.

Another possibility is that the screen connection to the motherboard has been interrupted.
Usually this happens if the watch has been dropped or knocked.

1 Like

If the watch gets stuck in a boot loop while exercising / running ( which it can easily ) you will find after the battery dies completely the watch will restart to normal . I test all watches for exercise and this can happen easily with the Optimus 2

3 Likes