Official support thread for the Prime S 1+16gb Android 9

Thanks for the update.
Can you show me where you download it from please?
Unless it is from the watch face store on the watch.?
We need to examine it and understand what the launcher does not like about this face.

Cheers

Hi, so can you share the firmware somewhere? Sending back/forth is quite tedious and I would rather just flash myself.

Thanks!

The flash process of these Unisoc devices differs significantly from the Mediatec devices. Only the firmware does not help you in this case.

Why does that matter? Flashing is a tedious process right, regardless of the SOC? If there is a 1.4 firmware that resolves some of the issues, I would love to see it published please.

You do not understand what I am saying. Flashing a mediatec watch is child’s play compared to this. I flash the firmware of a mediatec watch in less than a minute. Here we are talking about a multi-step process that takes over an hour and enables a multitude of devastating errors. I don’t have complete instructions for this process myself. We will check whether a comprehensive guide can be created. However, if we come to the conclusion that we are doing more damage than good with such a manual, we will not publish it.

To put it simply: if 10 people destroy their watches and only one person is successfully, we have won nothing. I recommend waiting for OTA updates.

2 Likes

If you can still access the watch storage via MTP, check if there is a folder called CrashLog.

Edit:
It is this watchface?

1 Like

Please give us the face link. The one found by @none is a huge and complicated UL face, no way it can work on the stock launcher.

1 Like

@Eric_Crochemore yes… We think this is the problem and also why I asked for the link… @none shows that link because it would definitely cause the issue.
@anon5802783 please show us the link or confirm that what @none posted above is the face you are talking about.
Cheers

What issues are these?
If you get an OTA offered in the update app, then it means there has been some bug fixes.
However, we don’t know what bugs you are talking about?
This watch is running perfectly fine as long as it is treated properly.
This is why I have made so many comments about what is ok for a watch with 1gb of ram.

1 Like

Thanks, at least we know there is nothing wrong with the watch or the launcher :+1:

1 Like

Have you tried to get access to the clockskin folder by you connect your watch to a computer? It wasn’t working for A7 devices, but it is worth a try.

It is a very heavy face and for the resources that A9.1 consumes with 1GB of ram that clock ran out of ram memory to run the operating system, sometime around here they published an animated face of a people dancing that weighed like 20 mb and it was running slowly but this was on a clock with A5.1 and with 1GB of ram this face weighs more than 15mb.
I have the lemfo lem p for almost a week and I have not installed the universal launcher (UL) for this reason, if using it with the launcher that comes from the factory, the watch sometimes hits a lot and tries to stay using the UL with faces. watch can get very slow although I’m going to rehearse it soon and I’ll tell you how I’m doing …

Let me know if it works.

Ok, good to know that we have found a way to delete such faces on A9 devices.

2 Likes

So to put the watch in " menu " so you could power off did holding the power button achieve this when in a bootloop ?

By the way . Good result :+1:

1 Like

It’s not a problem of memory, it’s a problem of unsupported feature.

1 Like

Absolutely. I thought that was understood… Apparently not…lol :grin:

1 Like

Firmware here - please be careful or your watch will be toast !!

Extract with 7zip !!

It is vital that you understand how to use it on a Windows computer otherwise you will brick the watch.

Once drivers are installed and you have loaded the firmware into the flash tool program and clicked the flash icon (looks like a “play” button - you need to connect USB cable to the watch, then press and hold the top button on the watch and connect the other end of the usb cable to your computer.

Flashing will begin immediately and you can release the top button on the watch.

You must be sure not to disturb the connection while it is flashing.

Once it is completed you can close the flash program and disconnect the watch.

Wait for about 30 seconds and then power up the watch. It will take a long time to boot up.

Everything you need is in the zip file I am uploading.

How to use SPD Upgrade Tool to install or flash .pac Stock ROM (firmware) (androidmtk.com)

Cheers
Pablo11

1 Like

Important - you need to know which firmware you have.
If it has PXT in the name DO NOT flash the firmware I just added above.
This is for non PXT Prime S

For those with Firmware that has the Pixart BT chip and have the letters PXT in the firmware version - here it is:

Flash tools and drivers in a separate package

Pass is 1234 on the tools package