Official support thread for the Prime S 1+16gb Android 9

Yes Mr Ticks.
V1.3 is currently the latest and v1.4 is a WIP.
In your excitement earlier :sweat_smile:, I think you missed me saying that I have 1.3 and I thought it was V1.4 but I made a mistake :grin:

Same version here too.
That looks like all an adventure flashing this watch !
Congratulations to you for this achievement.
:smile:

2 Likes

Factory reset it.
Mr Ticks had issues before I flashed it for him but now it seems to be ok.

Trust me, it’s easier than flashing it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@pablo11, good advice to factory reset anyway. I noticed before the reset that the heart rate, blood pressure, sleep, and breath training didn’t work. Now after reset they appear to work, though I won’t know about sleep until tomorrow as I just reset this morning and not before going to bed last night. Also worth noting, the fitness now reports heart rate on the workout screen and not just zero, so that interface is working as well.

So the watch is working again just like before and a factory reset after flashing appears to have cleaned up some stuff that was lingering related to the sensor diodes.

Lots of confusion about this device and unexpected behaviour etc…

I just wanted to remind everyone that the watch is a budget product designed to fit the needs of people who do not want run lots of apps and just want a decent cheap watch.

With only 1gb ram and Google Play services and Android 9 running - you can imagine that there is not much headroom to run anything else.

If you are thinking of running apps, universal launcher, lots of watch faces… You should not be buying this device.

There will be a 3gb + 32gb version coming if this is what you want to do.

This version is perfect for people who just want to leave it as it is and use it as a watch and use the built-in apps.

Running more Google apps and other things will just end up with you needing to reboot the device to get sensors working again and free up ram.

So I just wanted to make sure that everyone understands what 1gb of ram means when you are running a more recent version of Android OS which uses ram differently to Android 5.1 for example.

Just don’t want people to get the wrong idea about this product.
It is a decent budget device.
Just don’t expect to be able to do too much “outside the box” stuff with it.
Cheers.
Pablo11.

2 Likes

I can give you the firmware but it is not easy to flash it.
My advice is to contact the seller.

If you have no other apps installed and you have reset - it should work.

1 Like

Mr Ticks has started to make his review.
Check top post. :+1:

Please return it.
Kospet will help you with costs

1 Like

Hi I’m new in Full Android Smartwatch. Please be kind to advice how to get notifications for WhatsApp and others stuff like in the Google Wear OS in this full android smartwatch stand alone. Thanks for the answer I will appreciate.

Do you have an android smartphone or an iPhone?

Have a look at Mr Ticks review.
It is a new app.

I 've already installed the GAO FIT but inside didn’t have for the WA notifications or others stuff only We Chat only and SMS and Phones

Android smartphone

You should try watchdroid. You’ll find it at the playstore.

I’ve installed watchdroid but the apps can connect with this watch so when I try receive WA the watch didn’t give any notification. I use the watch connect with smartphone not use SIM card inside the watch so the WA Apps use in the smartphone. Is this setting need use whatsapp in this watch stand alone or it can be connect only to give notifications and the smartphone to be the principal. Please give me the advice thanks for the attention

Goto watchsettings- apps and notifications- special app access- unrestrcted data access. Enable watchdroid.
Then goto watchsettings- battery- app standby optimizer. Disable watchdroid.
Make sure that battery optimizer is disabled on your phone also.

1 Like
2 Likes

I’ve already done with the advice but still doesn’t work in watch all notification and others stuff thanks a lot for the attention I appreciate🙏

Then you must have done something wrong . Ensure watchdroid isnt optimized and has unlimited data on the watch . Then it will never sleep . Maybe worth also reading our watchdroid section

Please for your kindness show me the video that show how to set up so I can learn from that video I appreciate your attention thanks so much