Official support thread for the Prime S 1+16gb Android 9

I suspect you may have flashed thewrong RAM size firmware and that is the cause.
As a general rule - if you do NOT get a notification that an update is available on SPRD devices - DON’T flash the watch.
They are not as easy to fix as MTK devices.
Glad you are ok now.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: How to root a smartwatch?

Hi bro please help me! My kospet prime S is hard bricked or bootloader erased because while flashing the rom the connection suddenly interrupted and it didn’t got detected by the pc again in edl mode! Thankfully I managed to open the back cover by removing the 4 screws! But the thing is how will I unbrick will I have to utilise the test points or disconnect the battery wire and then connect the watch to get detected! Because now I have access to the internals I maybe able to unbrick it! Please guide me step by step what to do! Thanks.

First, please carefully close your innocent watch. This doesn’t really help us. Normally it should help to prepare the Flashtool for “Firmware update” with the correct firmware. Then please connect your watch to the PC. The flashing process should now start if you press and hold the power button for a while.

Bro I tried flashing with the correct firmware several times but always flash tool is throwing an error while flashing!

This watch cannot be flashed like the other A7.1.1 / A10 watches . No idea what firmware you are using as i dont believe any has been posted . Its a very complicated process

Will kospet repair my watch or replace it? I’m from India. They are Chinese company located at schenzeng. Do you think they can provide me with a replacement! My watch is not even 1 month old! Does kospet provide worldwide warranty?

And also bro the main problem related to flashing that I’m facing is that the boot key for flashing is not working and to be detected by the pc is showing as sprd u2s diag com 22 that means the watch is always going into diagnostic mode and it is not going into download mode and the boot key is not way. So the only way is to force the watch into download mode by any means! ( I don’t know whether there are any special edl cable or test point or boot cable to force put the device into download mode and not diagnostic mode).

The fact that you flashed it ( when you shouldnt have ) i would doubt it . You can always try but i wouldnt hold much hope . Shame you didnt read some of the posts further up first

Yes bro I should have avoid the flashing process! Btw. I have emailed kospet after sales solution and they said they can only repair my watch but can’t replace it as it is discontinued I mean the Prime S is discontinued. So either they will repair it or will adjust the price value with another watch of a little higher price! Will I agree on them? Or will I try to repair this watch through our local electronics market in India? Some good local electronics software repair shop? Or directly send them to china? What do you suggest me personally bro?

You can can flash the firmware.
It is more complicated than an MTK chipset but it is not too difficult.
I will link the tools needed for you.
Please research using the sprd flash tool - MTK flash tools will not work, but the vcom driver for Windows is the same.

You have to extract the firmware file to a directory on your pc with no spaces in the path.
Prime_S_Firmware… For example.

The flash tool is similar to MTK but with this flash tool you need to press the lower button to put the watch in “flash mode”

Of course, you only do this after:
a) installing the drivers and reboot.
b) loading the firmware image in the flash tool.
c) connect USB cable to the watch and then to your PC and click Update / Download button in the flash tool software.
d) press lower button to enable watch flash mode and flash will begin automatically.

If you have any other questions - please research this on the Web:

But, first of all we need to be sure that you have 1gb Ram or 3gb ram or 4gb ram.

Otherwise you can brick your watch

Simple way to find out is to show us what firmware version you are using at the moment, or how it was when you purchased it.

Once you have these critical details, I will upload the firmware.

Thanks guys after trying very much I succeeded in ressurecting the kospet prime S successfully. But the biggest issue I’m facing is the battery backup! I think I’ve to replace the battery once every 1 year. So any online places where I can find kospet prime S similar type of battery to purchase! Any link guys would be highly appreciated! I mean the battery should after all must fit inside the watch! So guys provide me any link for purchasing the battery online of similar capacity or slightly higher but equal in size for fitting!

You should ask Kospet after sales team.
after-sales@kospet.com is the email address I think, or you can visit the official Kospet store on Aliexpress.

Replacing the battery is not a simple process. The connector cable is critical and dismantling the watch is also not as easy as you might think.

Good luck :handshake::handshake:

2 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks Gyuri, I was trying to encourage people to take a look for themselves - but this is great.
Cheers :+1:

2 Likes

Hi can anyone tell about the kospet prime S battery replacement shopping site that ships to India. Looks like above mentioned site aliexpress does not ships to India. Any workaround there?

Hi @Suryadeep_sen
Unfortunately it is going to be difficult to find a vendor that is willing to ship a lithium battery from China to India.

The import rules are becoming very strict.
Sadly you will just have to keep searching on the internet and maybe email after-sales@kospet.com to see if they know.

Sorry it’s not better news.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Android 9 watch questions