Not so nice to be popular

And I told them to delete my replicas as well, I will see!

2 Likes

I myself publish my watch faces on the Best Android Watch Faces for Smartwatch [Free Download].
But I do this in 2-3 week after I published these faces here.

3 Likes

I have an idea. Make one that flashes this every hour or so…

Mine

2 Likes

I feel bad for you, Alex. The have MANY of your faces on their site. It is so good of you to publish here first. :slight_smile:

I don’t catch you. Are you kidding me? Why you feel bad for me? Explain in simple words, please.

I’m sorry that coolwatchfaces.com took your watch faces without asking your permission. :slight_smile:

Hi Joao, Sorry if my post upset you mate, but I thought you would want to know what these people were doing with your faces. But I see that at least you got them to remove your faces and you also got an apology (Which, when you consider that they just take this stuff is surprising!) So I hope they honor their word and completely remove all your faces. Cheers, Doons

@Doonsbury I am not upset with you at all. I appreciate the fact that you and @Louis_Peek have warned me about this site and what they are doing. They have in fact deleted all my original faces and they told me that they are going to delete my replicas as well. So thank you again mate. Cheers

3 Likes

Don’t feel bad! I’ve had my work modified and I was ok with that, he just wanted it in another color. He posted it here and I wasn’t upset. In another incident one of my faces was modified, and he put his name on it, and posted on his web site, later he removed it.

I have been working on some other faces but hesitate to post them any where! I also found that if you do a google search for clock_skin_model and you click on one from this site it pulls up the post and you can download and even search the community with out being logged in.

1 Like

@Joao_Nascimento In my case I made a deal with the guys from CoolWatchfaces long ago: They can publish them, but instead of downloading from their servers the download button redirects the user to the page of my blog where i post the watchface.

So, they have my watchfaces to offer, and I get visits and downloads from them. We both “win”.

A different case is the site clockskins.us (or clockskin.us). He’s an expert in taking other people’s work, changing the colors, adding his logo, and pretending it’s his creation. I had to make him take down my designs twice.

3 Likes

Hi Joao. No worries mate! :+1: Glad it looks like it is going to be sorted out to your satisfaction and your work will be removed. Cheers, Doons

1 Like

You didn’t pay very close attention to my previous post or didn’t understand it because my English is not good enough. I publish my own watch faces on this site (cool watch faces) MYSELF.

1 Like

Ok, but you were talking about another website. You said that you published your work on “best watchfaces”. That’s why Louis assumed that “cool watchfaces” stole your work.

1 Like

Very interesting! On my notebook “Best” or “Cool” are the same sites.

1 Like

Oh I understand now. That’s good then, Alex. I don’t have to publish my watch faces on “cool watch faces” because they just steal them and republish them without asking me.

2 Likes

Thank you, Gin. I had best intentions toward Alex as you know.

4 Likes

So it seems that some people are having success with negotiating with these people.
@Louis_Peek maybe the easiest way is to do what @Kyrnath has done but use the url from here as the download source?
That way the traffic is pretty much as you want and they still get to publish your work.

Sometimes it is easier to offer an “olive branch” rather than get angry with them.

As for http://clockskins.us/ I tried to deal with them and they were not having a bar of it.
The site seems to be gone lately though so hopefully they have gone down and stay down.
I think they were a newer version of the old No1 watch face website that went down over a year ago…

I found some of my faces on this side, also. I asked them to delete them and they did it without problems.

3 Likes

@pablo11 I don’t know if CoolWatchfaces would link to a forum that could be some kind of “competition” for them. But, @Louis_Peek could make the “deal offer” the same way I did, like a “win-win” for both.

Actually, If you do it, Louis, tell me and I can also talk to them, beause we messaged each other some times and my relationship with them is good.

By the way, Pablo: “I think they were a newer version of the old No1 watch face website that went down over a year ago…”. I can tell you that NO, that clockskins site NEVER had nothing to do with DT No.1. First, because WatchFaceUp was gone for good, and stays this way. Second, because “plagiating” work from other people was NEVER the style of that site. That site was started by a guy from Indonesia and then DT No.1 sponsored it, and then me and other creators were admins on that site. Basically, the creators were who made and posted the stuff, and DT No.1 only managed the site. And third, because if DT No.1 ever made a similar website, I can be sure me and other creators would have known, to be part of it as we were before. But, the truth is that after the guy who had contact with the creators left the company, their interest in the community disappeared.

2 Likes

No thanks.

3 Likes