Noob needs help

Brain hurts researching this stuff. Can I get help picking a watch? (Under $70) I think I need a teethering watch. I can’t do WiFi so updates will have to be done by pc (or bluetooth?) I want a round watch where I can (fairly) easily add custom faces. I’d like to change my music on my phone, but that’s about it. I kinda like the No 1 brand (maybe the g6?) but I’m not married to it. I’ve been watching video’s like crazy but I feel like I’m getting more confused after each model. Thank you for any recommendations

Jul 26, 2017 6:13:28 GMT 1 firemac2d said:
Brain hurts researching this stuff. Can I get help picking a watch? (Under $70) I think I need a teethering watch. I can't do WiFi so updates will have to be done by pc (or bluetooth?) I want a round watch where I can (fairly) easily add custom faces. I'd like to change my music on my phone, but that's about it. I kinda like the No 1 brand (maybe the g6?) but I'm not married to it. I've been watching video's like crazy but I feel like I'm getting more confused after each model. Thank you for any recommendations

the question is what do you need in a watch and remember that you'll get info here only on android watches and not BT watches as the NO.1 G6.

I understand this is a little out of bounds but wanted to offer help. I would look at the KW18. It will do most of what you want and works ok using the Funfit app. My favorite tho is the KW08. It is more limited in functions than the KW18 but tethers like a pro. I could not download the designated app to my phone but found FunRun app works great with this watch. Plus the BT will self connect when your phone is in range or can be easily tethered from the watch. All SMS and notifications from your phone are easily readable and can be answered on the watch. With a sim card you can answer calls or call direct. The tethering function works the best of any I have tried and that’s why it is my favorite, even over my Thor. Aside, I easily get about 2 days battery usage with the KW08. Probably helps because it has limited functions.

Jul 26, 2017 16:13:31 GMT 1 capt jon said:
I understand this is a little out of bounds but wanted to offer help. I would look at the KW18. It will do most of what you want and works ok using the Funfit app. My favorite tho is the KW08. It is more limited in functions than the KW18 but tethers like a pro. I could not download the designated app to my phone but found FunRun app works great with this watch. Plus the BT will self connect when your phone is in range or can be easily tethered from the watch. All SMS and notifications from your phone are easily readable and can be answered on the watch. With a sim card you can answer calls or call direct. The tethering function works the best of any I have tried and that's why it is my favorite, even over my Thor. Aside, I easily get about 2 days battery usage with the KW08. Probably helps because it has limited functions.

Thank you, I will check those out. If you don’t mind me asking why you prefer those over the No. 1’s? I can’t seem to find a constant answer on how to add custom WF to BT watches. Is there a certain file type I need to look for for the BT’s? Thank you for your time.

Jul 26, 2017 18:46:08 GMT 1 firemac2d said:
Jul 26, 2017 16:13:31 GMT 1 capt jon said:

Thank you, I will check those out. If you don't mind me asking why you prefer those over the No. 1's? I can't seem to find a constant answer on how to add custom WF to BT watches. Is there a certain file type I need to look for for the BT's? Thank you for your time.

no.1 do'nt much supports or gives technical support for their watches not much...so better different watches. KW belongs to kingwear which actually quite ok and good products. we can't help with none android watches because we do'nt use them or work with them so i'm not sure any of the developers even know how to add WFs to these watches. have you tried to see if there are any videos on this matter?

You can add WF’s to the KW18 using Mediatex Smartwatch app from play store. They are .vpx files. My Galaxy 7 will not run the Mediatek app with other BT notifiers installed, like FunRun or WiiWear. So I just did the whole process on an old phone to install different watchfaces. I just googled to find how. Its fairly simple once you learn the process. It will only hold about 5 faces due to storage limits but you just load five you want. The KW08 no. At least I can’t find a way. But like I said it is basically a workhorse and great for tethering to your phone. To reflect on my choice of watches. The KW18 was my first serious smartwatch. I bought the KW08 on a whim to see if it was any better, and actually use it most of the time. So I waited on an Android watch and I now also have a Zeblaze Thor to fill that bill. My option with it would be to use my phone sim card in the watch when I use it as a primary but still am partial to the tethering watch. Like Sonia mentioned Kingwear makes some very good watches that with my experience function well and hold up. To each his own when it comes to a favorite watch.

I just went and watched the SWTicks video for the No.1 G6 and the big difference between this watch and the KW18 or KW08 is NO sim card or TF card in the No. 1 G6 tethering watch. A big difference.