New King Wear release - KW98 !!

Hi all.

New release from Shenzhen KingWear Intelligent Technology Co - KW98 !!

King Wear are about to release an interesting new product.
It seems form what we have learned so far that the straps are interchangeable !!
It has 1gb ram and 8gb storage and is running Android 5.1 on the quad core 6580 chip.
Same size amoled screen as the KW88.
There is no price detail for this yet but it’s coming very soon.
Supported 3G bands are 850 and 2100.
Looks very interesting and more details will follow soon.
Feel free to contact Zoe from KingWear at chenj@king-world.cn for information and questions.
These details are the best I can gather at this time and may not be entirely correct - but they are pretty darn close 
Watch will be in mass production next month

Attachments:

Wow! 8GB and no antenna in strap and the camera on front.

I don’t think anyone is going to jump on this until they see the “+” at the end of the watchface selector

The KW98 has no camera. (Who needs it?)

This watch is a gamechanger in design.

Hey look Mam, no straps!!

Did you see how thin this design is?

Wondering how the reception range of WiFi and BT is having the antenna’s on board. Can’t wait to test this beauty.

Sept 20, 2016 16:09:46 GMT 1 kenneth said:

I think on upper side it has a camera. See the picture. I need camera. I dont know where is the antenna,maybe it's not metal case.

What about the battery size ?

Sept 20, 2016 18:26:17 GMT 1 janek said:
Sept 20, 2016 16:09:46 GMT 1 kenneth said:

I think on upper side it has a camera. See the picture. I need camera. I dont know where is the antenna,maybe it's not metal case.

There is no camera in it. Kingwear has confirmed this. It has a full metal body.

The loss of the camera might be a deal breaker for me. Right now I find the camera on my Blitz mostly useless, although having it is nice in case I want to snap something real quick which I’ve done all of once.

That said, it could be useful in the future, I can think of two apps where I’d likely find myself wanting it, GoodReads where its used to scan book bar codes to add them to my library. I’m not sure about its compatibility with my Blitz, though that’s a moot point with how limited the memory is. The other app where the camera would be necessary is WalMart as I use the WalMart pay feature a lot, or did rather with my last phone. Currently the app isn’t compatible, but if that changes, then the camera becomes very useful as its used to scan a bar code at the register when paying.

Why? they havent fix software on The previus model yet

Hi, is there any news when it will be available?

Sounds intriguing but im not pushing the button unless I know with certainty that “8GB” doesnt mean 6GB or less. I understand that built-in apps use some space, but anything over more than 50% of what is advertised is a misrepresentation.

Still not yet release? Is it confirm the straps can be change? Im looking for a longer straps due to my hand is big…

Jul 11, 2017 9:51:38 GMT 1 tt said:
Still not yet release? Is it confirm the straps can be change? Im looking for a longer straps due to my hand is big...

no, the straps are'nt removable,  i think most 1.4 inch watches have long straps. better to wait also for the kw99 and then decide:)

Jul 11, 2017 13:23:50 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jul 11, 2017 9:51:38 GMT 1 tt said:
Still not yet release? Is it confirm the straps can be change? Im looking for a longer straps due to my hand is big…

no, the straps are’nt removable, i think most 1.4 inch watches have long straps. better to wait also for the kw99 and then decide:)

Thanks… Looking for my 1st smart watch… My wirst is wide so i’m looking for a big screen size and a wirst band is long enough or can be changeable. Also i’m looking for just using bluetooth connection between smart phone. My major needed is able to receive and read wechat and whatapp. Anyone can recommend me any swart watch as per my expectations? Thanks.

Jul 11, 2017 15:00:14 GMT 1 tt said:

Jul 11, 2017 13:23:50 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Thanks… Looking for my 1st smart watch… My wirst is wide so i’m looking for a big screen size and a wirst band is long enough or can be changeable. Also i’m looking for just using bluetooth connection between smart phone. My major needed is able to receive and read wechat and whatapp. Anyone can recommend me any swart watch as per my expectations? Thanks.

for now the only watch is the H1 which is also a man watch. better to ask the person who has it:  /thread/1186/zoiytop-jm01-removable-bands-waterproof

Hi there! Is anyone know if somebody was able to change or cut KW98 straps and see how the signal was after?
I know that it seemed that these bracelet are here to stay, but my KW98 can look much nicer with some Nato wrist…

Jul 20, 2017 14:55:31 GMT 1 georgeabitbol said:
Hi there! Is anyone know if somebody was able to change or cut KW98 straps and see how the signal was after? I know that it seemed that these bracelet are here to stay, but my KW98 can look much nicer with some Nato wrist...

Anyone try it??

My KW98 just came and I am loving it,
Please ask any questions you guys may have.