Need some advice on first smartwatch?

Hi folks, new to the scene and researching which watch would suit me best. Based on what I need the watch for and what I want it to do I’ve narrowed it down to a couple based on reviews and the forums however I have a few questions before I pull that trigger.

1. The H1 I like because of the interchangeable straps. I’m in a job where I’m in a suit every day so aesthetics are important to me. I’ve seen on reviews that it’s not possible to get custom watch faces on the device. Has anything been updated to allow this?

2. The other watch I like is the LEM6 for much the same reasons as the H1, interchangeable straps. Ideally I’d want to change the strap to a black steel bracelet however on some pictures of the watch it says not to use metal straps. Is there any reason for this?

3. Is it possible to use tasker with these watches? It’s not something I think I’d use that often but I’d like to set up some profiles to match my phone.

Thanks folks, looking forward to being a permanent resident in this community.

Dec 14, 2017 21:20:42 GMT 1 ticker said:

welcome and you should read this:) 

/thread/1875/h1-battery-woes

/thread/1703/lemfo-lem6?page=3

Not 100% sure why you’ve linked me to those threads as neither are relevant to the questions.

Dec 14, 2017 21:20:42 GMT 1 ticker said:
Hi folks, new to the scene and researching which watch would suit me best. Based on what I need the watch for and what I want it to do I've narrowed it down to a couple based on reviews and the forums however I have a few questions before I pull that trigger.
  1. The H1 I like because of the interchangeable straps. I’m in a job where I’m in a suit every day so aesthetics are important to me. I’ve seen on reviews that it’s not possible to get custom watch faces on the device. Has anything been updated to allow this?

2. The other watch I like is the LEM6 for much the same reasons as the H1, interchangeable straps. Ideally I’d want to change the strap to a black steel bracelet however on some pictures of the watch it says not to use metal straps. Is there any reason for this?

3. Is it possible to use tasker with these watches? It’s not something I think I’d use that often but I’d like to set up some profiles to match my phone.

Thanks folks, looking forward to being a permanent resident in this community.

Ticker. Since you are new to the scene, if you have not already done so, I would suggest you check out all the video’s provided by the Smartwatch Ticks YouTube channel, for the watches you are interested in.  His video’s are a bit lengthy but unlike most that just play music in the background he actually explains the details of the watch and how they work and which ones work best. With so many watches available now, if your funds are limited you don’t want to go into purchasing one blindly, you will end up with several and maybe not happy with any of them. I have both the H1 and H2. The H1 is decent watch but limited by its Android 4.4 operating system and lower memory. But what you need to do is really think about what you want to do with your watch and then go after watches that offer what you want. For example if you make replaceable bands a priority you are extremely limiting your options to several not real great devices. Besides if you researched the H1 you would realize that removing the antenna’s from the bands, necessary to be able to remove them, you reduce your already limited range of your Wi-FI, GPS and Cellular radios because the antenna’s have to be placed inside the watch. Having a good knowledge first of what they can do will go a long way to help you decide which one is best for You. You don’t want to buy a sports car if what you really need is a pickup truck. Good hunting.

Aside: Microwear, the manufacturer of the H1 has a steel strap available for the H1 on their web site here: Microwear Steel Band   One thing I will definitely say for Microwear they do provide very good customer service. I ordered one from Ali-Express and haven’t received it yet. Long lag time to order.

Also you can put custom watchfaces, (.zip files) on the H1. I suggest you research here on this forum on how to install custom watchfaces because with the H1 it requires a bit more knowledge than the 5.1 Android watches.

970.jpg