Need help regarding gps

Facing problem connecting with gps on lem 8…
I wanted to try my running app but was unable to get a gps lock … I downloaded gps essentials (app ) to check available satalites but i get the following

Tried in high accuracy mode …

Thanks

Hi . Connect wifi and open google maps and get a location . If you have a sim in enable data . Go outside and you should get a lock . Thanks

Thanks…
But i want to use only gps…i mean like when i am not at home …also i dont have a sim in the watch…

Sorry . I didnt explain well . Once the watch has a location lock with another app this should help the gps with your running app .

Oh…thanks for the help…:smiley::smiley:

1 Like

I tried to do what you said…but … i was getting wrong location with google maps …and no location on my running app…

Thats odd that when connected to your wifi you cannot get your location with google maps ? . I have noticed on newer watches this old problem is practically non existant . Have you updated the firmware and then done a full reset ?

I do get wrong location on google maps with wifi …

My watch is rooted and updated.

Thanks

Sorry i cannot help you further :pensive:

1 Like

That sounds like an antenna issue.

3 Likes

Any solutions…?

No sorry . If its a hardware issue it will need to be returned .

1 Like

What clock do you have?
From my experience with these watches, if your watch has the GPS antennas on the straps, the safest thing is that the tin solder that joins the coaxial cable that comes from the board, is broken, is very easy to break, therefore opening and closing straps, I go with the zeblaze thor pro, microwear H5, Diigro DI01, these watches when new arrive the GPS works very well for about 15 days or up to more than a month depending on the use, but after both open and close the straps This part of the watch suffers a lot of wear and ends up taking off the coaxial cable that is attached to the antenna.
I go with the zeblaze thor pro and I ordered a new set of belts and I fixed the GPS for about 20 days or almost the month and then lost the GPS signal again.
Now I have a lemfo lem6 and although its GPS is not the best, I already take this problem away although sometimes the GPS signal is low, it has been better served than the other watches.
My advice is:
If for you the use of GPS is essential as it is in my case that I use it in my walks and bike rides it is best to opt for a watch that the straps are removable in this way you already know that the GPS antennas come within the Watch and not on the straps.
If your watch does not bring the antennas on the runway, you have to uncover it if it happened with the antennas.

1 Like

I have the same problem with my Optimus pro.
I don’t know why but if i connect my watch at the wifi of my home or at the wifi of my phone i can fix the gps and i can leave my home or phone, the GPS stay fixed all long i where outside without data connexion.
if 'im not connected by wifi, i can’t fix the GPS.

1 Like

Could it be a software issue ( firmware ) ?

The antenna bands are built into the straps but i dont know if gps is also built in straps…
Following is the teardown image of lem 8 which i found . Take a look if you can see where the gps module is …

Also i would like to tell that i do get wrong location with accuracy of 1200m🙄.

in this watch the gps use the same antenna as wifi and Bluetooth

2 Likes

the GPS is integrated in the board in the picture

1 Like

Hello everybody.

Someone know something about the problem of fixing Gps without Sim card/data/wifi/bluetooth connections.
I juste want to be connected at my Gps for running.

A good tip is to turn on gps with wifi at home and get a lock on location ( google maps ) . Then go outside and start run . This is providing of course that your gps antenna’s etc are working . I must admit i run with sim . Thanks

2 Likes

Yes all work and i know this tips because this is what i do.when i’m out i connect my watch to my phone by bluetooth teathering.
Thank you

1 Like