My Running app - support thread

Thanks very much for your quick response.
I am devastated by your bad news though :disappointed:

1 Like

You have been very well received here in this forum.
As you can see - our corner of the market is fairly considerableā€¦
Your app is THE running app for our watchesā€¦

Is there anything we can do to help?

1 Like

Sad to hear :pensive: . Especially as a keen runner this is by far the best of the best running app . Thankyou for what you have done

2 Likes

Thank you for all your support,

you all can still continue to use the app.

We failed to promote the app, our business model with few, non invasive ads, would require at least 1 milion of users and we are very far to reach that number of users.

We had some offers to use alternative ads networks and to be more aggressive with the ads but I donā€™t like this, so simply Iā€™ll continue to use the app myself and Iā€™ll only add the features that I need. If Iā€™ll release a new update Iā€™ll remove things, like facebook share, that were added only to make happy some users and that donā€™t work well

2 Likes

I can only re-iterate that this app is sooo important and your work is fantastic.
Thanks for keeping it open to us - it is awesome :slight_smile: :handshake: :+1:

1 Like

Really nice app guysā€¦ So sad that you will discontinue the development of the appā€¦

1 Like

Hi guys, Iā€™m sorry to interrupt the development for this wonderful App. Personally I can speak well of you because when I contacted you by email quickly you replied giving me some excellent indications to set the app with my ā€œPrimeā€ smartwatch. I hope you want to resume the project, you would make several users happy. THANKS.

4 Likes

Hi, I learned of the decision taken from the My running app team.
I wanted to thank you for the development of this wonderful app.
Thanks

3 Likes

Oooh my. Please dont leave. Your app is indeed the best running app Ive ever used and the best for my Kospet smartwatch. I would even donate if possible! :smiley: :smile: :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Iā€™m willing to pay for the app. Is there a donation method?

1 Like

I tested so many sports apps before finding this one, only thing missing was built-in heart rate support. Luckily an email later and some beta testing for a month, he released this android watch friendly app. Fantastic app and I still learn cool quirks even today. Great job and please subscribe annually, itā€™s very low cost. Canā€™t @SmartWatch_Ticks or someone make some buzz over this app? Also could this thread be pinned? And lastly, Have you updated version 4.3.11?

Thanks again for the great app!

2 Likes

This app is my favourite sports tracker, and I would pay 3 times the current subscription fee to have it maintained and supported.
Hope they find a way to promote it with more success.

1 Like

Alternatively could you release the source so we could help with bug fixes and stuff ? :slight_smile:

Agreed . :+1:

I just heard the news about the development team moving onto other things and wanted to offer my support for this app as well. I tried a few different apps and this one works the best for my needs. I have a complicated setup currently with my fitness tracking ā€“ I like to keep things updated on Strava because they have a web-based portal to view my activity history and it shows up on my feed so others can give kudos. I also like to keep my activities synced to Fitbit for the web-based portal and for sharing my data with affiliates (e.g., AllOfUs). I like to track my calories in Sparkpeople, which can adjust your daily calories based on your fitness activities, taking input from either Fitbit or Google Fit. Anyway, Fitbit initially seemed like a good option since it would update to my Fitbit account directly and talk to Sparkpeople, but the app itself gives me problems ā€“ after a 20-30 minute run, the button to end the activity just goes inactive. Plus the Fitbit app doesnā€™t have nearly the number of configurable options compared to MyRunningApp. And itā€™s definitely not made for a smartwatch because the big pause button covers up the elapsed time. Anyway, of all of the apps I tested, MyRunningApp works the best for me. At the end of my run, I can send the data to Google Fit (which will then sync to Sparkpeople) and to Strava so my friends can see my run. (It would be nice to have a direct Fitbit connection, but Iā€™ve connected Strava to my Fitbit account so the data gets to Fitbit about a day later, which in the end is fine.) I noticed that the calorie estimation from MyRunningApp was a little low, but they have an option to adjust the calorie estimate, so I set it to 110% and now itā€™s perfect. As long as I get good GPS signal the auto pause works great for me (also not available for Fitbit app). And as others have pointed out, this is the only app Iā€™ve seen that uses the internal heart rate monitor, which is remarkable. Anyway, just wanted to offer my appreciation to your group for providing this great app and hope it will stick around!

3 Likes

Hi there, I am new this ! Is Myrunning app multisport ? or just running ? I am asking because I canā€™t download App to try. TX

Hi . Yes it is :+1:

2 Likes

Many thanks. Iā€™m still waiting for my Kospet Prime SE, my first Smartwatch.
Iā€™m already reading you guys reviews and posts and colecting info.

1 Like

You will love it . A great watch

1 Like