My Running app - support thread

Just two paid apps :wink: Or at least Tasker, we can sync workouts manually from SyncMyTracks free as a last resort

PS. I was digging deep in alternative fitness apps for FAW and WearOS and nothing really matches MyRunning App. It’s such a shame it was abandoned… Irretrievable loss :pensive:

It’s actually working OK.
@Dr_Andy_Vishnu tells me that it’s been running well on the international firmware.
It has the same problem with uploading stats but this is expected.

Of course, it is still very sad that it is no longer supported by the development team though.
I have tried to contact them personally and got no reply :pensive:

2 Likes

Nice to hear its working! :partying_face:

I mean the Myrunning app is working.
Haven’t been able to get time to check your process yet. But it sounds promising :+1:

1. With sync my tracks, all heartrate data is probably lost as it’s not included in gpx files

2. Ghostracer can draw maps with gpx routes (ghosts) you can follow. It’s the closest to MRA, better in some ways, worse in others. It works on wearOS and android. If you want to switch back from map view on the full android version on a watch, then you need to keep pressed the edge of the screen for a second before swiping.

Btw, I’m the guy who beta tested and brought here the full android watch support for myrunningapp after months of testing other running apps. Ghostracer also allows to add multiple windows which you can customize. No built-in HRM supported, but you can always use a pulse belt (smartBT)

3 Likes

Or HeartFit

I’m talking about ghostracer gps running app. It only supports pulsebelts on full android. Don’t confuse

OK I see what you mean, Never mind,

What I love in MyRunningApp is the fact I can see the map and live parameters on the same screen. Ghostracer unfortunatly does not have this option

But tcx file contains heart rate data, right? We can always export workout as tcx in MRA

MRA doesn’t support heart rate data export

But, you can export activities to Strava from MRA. Then use fitnesssyncer to export Strava activities to whatever. Not sure what your end goal is

My goal is to automate sending workouts with as much data as possible from MRA to Strava. I just checked and if I export my run from MRA in tcx format and upload to Strava, it contains heart rate data. So it seems if at the end of workout we export it to tcx file (instead of gpx) and use above-mentioned method with SyncMyTracks app, we can automate the process to the similar extent like when the direct sync with Strava was working :smirk: (one-two click operation). Only the autosyncronization in SyncMyTracks is possible in one hour frequency at most.

Oh how nice you got that working! Btw, I had no idea sync from MRA to Strava was broken.

I wonder if anyone have tried using Gliderun? It supports HRM on the full android watches, can follow locally stored gox routes and can display some data and map at the same time. (IIRC)

Also, it supports directly fitnesssyncer account, so getting sync isn’t a problem. I’d try but I switched platform.

1 Like

Yeah, its broken since around two weeks, when we lost all traces of MRA in PlayStore and anywhere else… (except this forum :wink:

1 Like

When I sent an email to the devs few days ago, it never reached the other side. Then I updated my review on Play Store and I got this reply:

“Unfortunately we have stopped the app development :frowning:
The work was a lot but the downloads still few and therefore it was no longer economically sustainable…
We’re sorry, thanks for your supporting,
the Staff”

Is the version in the top post the newest we have ?
(I know development has stopped)
If 4.3.8 is the newest, perhaps this info could be added to the top post :ok_hand:

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu is the best person to ask.
The developer is no longer available.

2 Likes

The last version i have is 4.4.0

I think i have a copy on my Pc . I will check later . However i cannot see any difference

1 Like

Here is version 4.4.0b

The last version

Top post edited

5 Likes

The sad news is on A11 the old problem is back.

I cannot remember how but with the help of @pablo11 this issue was sorted on previous A10 watches . Shame its back again

The app still works and the blue and red buttons works but as you can see its a mess

5 Likes