Music playback with handsfree earbud on Kospet Prime

Hello guys, I have a minor issue and I don’t know if it is my watch or my handsfree’s fault. I listen to music when I do my running workouts. I used to stream music from radiotunes app and I had no problems, the music was being streamed flawlessly to my handsfree (Plantronics M70). But i decided to turn to mp3s from my watch, because radiotunes interrupts its program to play ads or to propose me to buy a premium account…And that’s when the problem started. I use the internal mp3 player and I have big random pauses. Does anyone have the same problem? Is it the watch, the handsfree earbud or maybe the internal mp3 player’s fault? I don’t have problems with my handsfree when I talk to the phone. I also tried to listen to music to my home from the earbud, no problems neather. Maybe watch is overloaded? (data,bt, GPS, music player, myrunningapp)

I dont have this issue . I go running with my prime . First i play my music stored internally on random . Then i open my running app and off i go . No issues at all . Never streamed etc . Are you on the latest firmware ? . Thanks

I’m in the latest firmware that has officially released… I mean, I haven’t flashed anything.

1 Like

If you download a music player is the same problem there ?

No, I haven’t tried another player… I’ll try tomorrow and I will give you feedback.

1 Like

Thanks . Appreciated

I think the problem is a weak transmitter on a smart watch

1 Like

Hello again. I tried with aimp player and I had the same result today. I want to pair the watch with another bt handsfree and compare. I searched for the bt specifications of the watch and of the handsfree, the Prime supports the version 4.0 and the Plantronics M70 the 3.0…Maybe this is the problem.

The only issues i have ever had when running if using earbud on opposite side of body the watch is one . Sometimes crackles as bt connection is lost - found . I have had this on all watches when using one earbud .

i have never thought of that! :sweat_smile: I wear the watch on the left hand and the earbud on the right ear.
I guess i should try to wear the watch on the right hand, because the earbud is designed for the right ear, it has a hook, i can’t change this…Thanks for the idea! :grinning: I’m wondering if you had this problem on the more expensive watches (if you ever had one), like samsung, huawei etc.

1 Like

:+1: . No , only on these type of watches only . Good luck . Let me know

1 Like

I use the same BT headset. On OptimusPro and LEM10, it behaves differently. On LEM10 works a lot worse than optimuspro.

2 Likes

Hello again. I tried to wear my watch on the right hand (the side of bt handsfree) and i had the same problems, many sound interrupts. But after a few days, the handsfree died. Not competely, but you could only listen noise, like the noise the radio does when it is’nt
tuned in a radio station. I could hear the noise even if i was just turning on the handsfree, without playbacking anything.
So, i just bought a new one, the iLUV FitActive Jet 3. It has two earhooks,it is sweatproof (a reason that i think my previous handsfree died,although after several years of use) and i bought it only for my running workout. I’m willing to buy another one, with a single hook for calls.
With the new handsfree, I keep wearing my watch on the left hand and the audio is streamed flawlessly. Not a single interrupt.
So it was the old handsfree 's fault.
Although i have a new problem, i struggle to connect the iLUV with my devices (not only the watch,but also the mobile phone). It connects after several attempts and many times the device founds the handsfree but it tells me that it’s unable to connect…I think it is the iLUV bt version,it comes with the 5.0.

1 Like

Hello all,
I think that the problem is poor BT device in our watch. I have noticed from the very beginning that sometimes music reproduction from my BT earbuds was having continuous interruptions. I tried to switch hand and although in lesser degree, the problem is there. I noticed also that when in countryside, this problem almost disappears. Most important, I noticed that this problem is consistent with the location I am . I mean that always at the same area I have the problem. Thus I suppose that the problem is mainly poor BT design and poor parasitic frequency rejection. Don’t forget that at the same band there are many communication protocols. By the way, when earbuds are connected to my tablet, there is no problem of BT communication.

I have no problem at all with my new earbuds…I had a lot of interruptions with the old handsfree, but it recently stopped working, so i blame the handsfree for the bad connection. I have not any problems with the Watchdroid connection also, my watch is kept connected with my phone,even if i go 5-6 meters away from phone.