LEM12 official support thread

Hi, Anybody got TWRP installed and what zip is used, would the Lem x version work?

Yes we have TWRP for the Z32 LEM 12.
Lem X will not work.
The v1,2 FW in the OP has TWRP and Patched Boot included as an option for those who know what they are doing.

Thanks, will try to flash TWRP only without the need to flash the hole rom again maybe that will work…?

yes, you can flash only twrp and the patched boot image

For any body else, the patched boot image file is magisk_patched.img and the TWRP file is recoveryTWRP.img

That’s why I said it was for those who know what they are doing.
I will tidy this thread up as well now.
It’s my own fault for posting it with the optional extras I suppose…
Maybe I should make a clear post about the fact that we have a development section because it seems like nobody knows about it…

The strange stuff about this watch having rooted is that after a few attempts it still isn’t rooted. Did try rename the images file to .jpg and flash successful but still no root. Did try flashing the hole rom from this thread including the extra like TWRP and patched boot.image still no root. Did flash a patched boot.image created by myself flash successful but no root. So anybody got TWRP or root?

Yep - works fine for me.
Did you use the same images I provided in the OP?
Have you installed Magisk manager and granted SU permissions to the app you need to use?
You understand that Magisk is systemless root?
So if you want to make persistent changes you should install BusyBox to the xbin partition.
If you prefer to stay systemless then use the BusyBox module that can be downloaded with Magisk Manager

As alway - my advice to everyone who has issues like this is don’t root the watch.
I’m not being rude but these are fundamentals of root access so if it is not understood you can seriously mess up the watch.

1 Like

Well im a root user for over 6 years and yes i got the Lem x and kospet prime rooted with TWRP except the Lem12.

Did use all the software and instructions from the OP but just can’t get it rooted as magisk manager shows. So what is the right method to get root if it actually is possible to root this watch.

Thank you

same method(s) as for all the other watches

Update: Got it rooted but thru a unusual way… Needed to downgrade the firmware, used the firmware from the op for that, after downgrading you need to flash recovery only thru flashtool. Then reboot and go to update firmware and download the firmware and install, it is the only way to get into recovery. flash the latest Magisk installer and power off the device. Flash the orginal recovery and the watch will try to update rom but will fail! press power button for a few seconds and watch will reboot into the system and will be rooted but on the old firmware! So now it is rooted but cant upgrade the rom to the latest firmware…

Did try actually quite a lot methods a few off them as described earlier but the none off them could get the device rooted. That is probably why this watch cant be found on 4pda forum and all the other watches does so… Any body else running into the same issue?

Hey. For several days I have been the owner of lem12 but I have a small problem. I put the sim card and downloaded Messenger on the watch but I have no notifications wrote. The phone receives a signal but not on the watch. Matches take place on the second day.

I am confused by your post . When you insert a sim you usually have to reboot the watch to get a signal . For app likes messenger etc to be always be connected you need to turn them off in " battery and data saver " in settings so they are always live . At present the messenger app will goto sleep when the screen does . I hope this answers your query

Data saver is off. Everything is fine in my opinion. Someone once told me that it is something to change in the phone but I do not know what. I may be wrong.

I’ll be honest i was talking generally about apps in general . I am not a user of facebook - messenger

Who was the someone? Does he have an Android watch like yours?

As Andy said earlier, you should also exclude it from the battery saver

1 Like

you were right. I did not notice that the battery saving mode was on. thanks

1 Like

Hi, about front camera lem12. 640x480= 0.3 mp :thinking:…??? So, it is not 5 mp as described…poor vga camera!
I’m little disappointed :angry: