LEM T, DM100, DM101, Ticwris Max + Max S and Kospet Note - Android 10 update

Hi all,

I thought I should share this with you.
Yesterday I was told that it may be possible in the near future for an Android 10 firmware version for the models mentioned in the title.

At the moment it is not confirmed if the same board has been used or a new version.

So I will be letting you know one way or another in the next few days, hopefully.

Cheers
Pablo11.

6 Likes

Hope this will cover the Max S too :crossed_fingers:

This is awesome! I’ve been lurking around here on and off for about a month, following the international firmware project. I’ve been wanting to jump in on a full android watch but I was really wanting one in this form factor with android 10.

This is going to be a day 1 purchase for me!

As I said before, it is not confirmed yet.
Testing is taking place on the DM101, Ticwris MAX S and the Kospet Note.

I suspect it will be released as a new product because updating from A7.1.1 to Android 10 requires reformat of the partition layout.
Currently this would mean IMEI, Wi-Fi and BT Mac addresses would be wiped. Basically everything in NVRAM would be wiped and restoring a previous backup does not work either.

Either way, it is all still in the testing phase.
Once we have more information I will share it.

By the way, I am also persuing the possibility of doing this for the DM20 (LEM 10). Fingers crossed.

Cheers
Pablo11

2 Likes

For sure, I didn’t take it as anything was confirmed. Looking forward to whatever comes out of this.

1 Like

Yep, will be interesting :+1:

Certainly will… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Keeping an eye on this post….

Not wanting to bother you too much, but I was wondering if there were any more whispers going on about the potential Android 10 on these?

In short - yes.

3 Likes

Maybe you also like to open a closed Beta-Program in this section?
And see how this will go!
Do you have access to the Kernel Sources?
Or will it be reverse Engineered?

Pablo mentioned this will likely just be new products.

“I suspect it will be released as a new product because updating from A7.1.1 to Android 10 requires reformat of the partition layout.
Currently this would mean IMEI, Wi-Fi and BT Mac addresses would be wiped. Basically everything in NVRAM would be wiped and restoring a previous backup does not work either.”

1 Like

think we should stop speculating. I am sure that we will hear news on this topic very soon. And I also think these will be better than some think.

Please be patient. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

We have May 2023 and it would be nice to find at least Android 9 or 10 firmware (either stock or custom) for these watches

What’s your watch?

Have a Ticwris Max S (has original 1.9 firmware on it, android 7.1.1)

You’ll find it in the download area. But you have to reach trustlevel 2 first.

2 Likes

You are very nice, much appreciated. The issue with trustlevel/s is still somewhat special and particular, however, will await and looking forward till it is possible to flash the newer firmware. Regards

These are the requirements for trustlevel 2:

-Official Support thread for LEM14 - #361 by G1NT0N1C

2 Likes